Full Stack Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2022
Lendbuzz is a fintech startup founded in 2015 by MIT alumni using cutting-edge machine learning to revolutionize vehicle financing and change the way deserving borrowers access credit. The company is post-round C and pre-IPO.
The engineering team at Lendbuzz is a tight group of engineers and data scientists. Our stack consists of a Python and Flask data core and user-facing systems built in Ruby on Rails and React. We use a minimal process and week-long sprints to balance new product development with the infrastructure to make our lives easier. Working hours are flexible, and the office is located in the most accessible part of Boston.
You will find great people, outstanding products, and a meaningful mission.
We are looking for experienced, passionate engineers to join our backend team in Boston.
Come see why we have over 200 5-star reviews from happy customers!
What is your day like:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development, including design, implementation, and deployment
- Architect and provide guidance on building end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale
- Work primarily in Ruby, React, and Node.js to build infra library
- Improve visibility across frontend, backend, infra teams
- Engage with inspiring designers and front-end engineers, and collaborate with leading back-end engineers as we create reliable APIs
- Collaborate across time zones via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and video conferences
- Analyze manual processes and automate them whenever possible to ensure a smooth operation of workflows.
- Work in partnership with fellow developers on implementing new ideas, features, and apps.
- Collaborate with product management, quality assurance, customer support, and fellow software engineers to deliver features that meet our customers’ needs.
- Research and prototype new technologies that can improve pipelines and build processes.
- Perform additional tasks and/or duties as assigned
To thrive in this role you have:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or above or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in computer science or the equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience building cloud based software applications
- You care about the architecture & overall picture than implementing the logic of the product
- You are curious about AWS & cloud technologies.
- Comfortable in all areas of the product lifecycle - analysis, design, coding, testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience building web applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Knowledge of Linux, Bash & Docker
- Learn how we leverage technology to underwrite smart car loans
- High-impact roles in a small fast, growing company
- Solve unique problems as we grow together
- Opportunity to lead your projects
- Awesome work culture - stacked kitchen, fun game nights, movie nights, and whatever you can think of doing as a teammate
- Flexible working hours
What are some of the projects you will work on:
- Build a version of the infra library in Ruby and implement it in Frontend server.
- Build a version of the infra library in Node.js and implement it in the Web Sockets server.
- Assist in splitting React from Rails to 2 different projects that use CSR.
- Assist in implementing CDN
- Assist in breaking frontend monolith to several apps on the Ruby and React sides.
- Assist in improving RBAC (Role Based Access Control) and help make it as secure as possible.
- Improve code security & also fix vulnerabilities detected by Snyk (or similar)
- Improve team's work visibility towards the Infra and other teams.
- Help containerize applications according to security best practices.
- Help scale using ECS auto-scaling (make sure the code can work in autoscaling)
- Build & maintain Github Actions CI pipelines
See more open positions at Lendbuzz
Something looks off?