About Ledger Investing
Ledger Investing is a Y Combinator backed insure-tech startup that is transforming the way insurance risks are financed. Today, Ledger is an online marketplace connecting insurance risk to capital, focusing on securitization. Insurance risk originators are able to source capital more efficiently vs. the traditional value-chain. Capital providers gain access to an asset class that is highly diversified vs. most asset classes. Insurance securitization has quickly grown to be a $100 billion market but is limited in scope due to opacity and complexity. Ledger is expanding this market to $1 trillion by building a seamless data pipeline from the policyholder to the capital markets, enabling transparency, and bringing best-in-class analytics and real-time insights to the table. Our recent $75 million Series B round of investment funding has set us up for exponential growth. We are on our way to disrupting the industry by serving as an unparalleled, advantageous marketplace for virtually all types of insurance risks and capital, including traditional reinsurers, institutional investors, and accredited investors.
What we do:
Ledger’s Corporate team serves to maintain state-of-the-art infrastructure and support for scaling the company and providing an engaging work environment for our colleagues. We partner closely with all of the company’s teams to ensure consistency of approach, efficiency, scalability, and coordination across our work efforts. Corporate roles provide a unique vantage point to impact the company as a whole and the ability to positively influence all aspects of our vision.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to assist with developing Ledger’s financial reporting and infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced accountant to gain exposure to all key finance functions of a growing start up as a critical member of the finance team.
We’re looking for someone with public accounting experience who wants to be a part of building a finance function from the ground up. The ideal candidate excels in cross-functional collaboration, working across the team to enhance financial processes, designing improvements to our existing systems, and implementing best practices throughout the org.
We are a 100% remote team that is changing the way the market for insurance risk works. Come reimagine the insurance value chain with us!!!
In this role, you will:
- Own the monthly financial statement close process in accordance with US GAAP, including preparation and review of management analysis for variances in revenue and expense reporting.
- Own the core finance operations processes including AR/AP processing, expense report reviews, and other ad hoc tasks.
- Own the annual audit processes of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Own and develop company policies around revenue recognition, stock compensation, and consolidation to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Recommend and implement process and system improvements.
- Assist in consolidation, review and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual financial data, including the analysis of variances and identification of unusual items to ensure timely and accurate financial results.
- Assist in ensuring effective internal controls are maintained.
- Establish strong cross functional working relationships with operational leadership, corporate finance teams, and internal/external auditors.
Successful candidates will have all of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting
- Proficiency with accounting software and Excel
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices; attention to detail; organizational skills; planning and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to effectively deliver results in a remote work environment, navigating ambiguity and ensuring that critical deadlines are met.
The following attributes will help you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience in technology, public accounting, or the insurance industry.
- NetSuite experience.
For US based positions:
Ledger Investing is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.