Product Manager - Fraud
Accounting & Finance, Product
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
The Fraud Team at Kraken is focused on ensuring the funds that our customers deposit are not fraudulent. The product role is responsible for ensuring our deposit products are secured with state of the fraud detection tools and our fraud ops team has the tools they need to complete a fraud review quickly and accurately. The product role is responsible for developing and executing on a fraud roadmap by developing requirements from stakeholders and prioritizing the work with engineering teams.
- Discovery, development, and ongoing improvement of tools for fraud KPI monitoring
- Discovery, development, and ongoing improvement of case management capabilities for Fraud Ops
- Definition of metrics to be used for sizing of the product impact
- Drive development of the overall risk & fraud product strategy, roadmap, and implementation phases for the areas of responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of fraud tools and fraud process flows
- Maintain market and competitor insights across the industry
- Work closely with client-facing personnel and key stakeholders
- Plan relevant testing, perform rollout planning and execution
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for improvement
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, and process flows
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
Skills you should HODL
- Intimate knowledge of risk & fraud patterns, mitigation strategies
- Experience building, using, or selling systems for improving case workflows
- Understanding of the compliance and legal implications of fraudulent activities
- Extensive knowledge of fraud tools and fraud process flowsKnowledge of the technical aspects of large scale risk & fraud systems
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency exchange space
- Expertise in data gathering and quantitative analysis
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience best practices
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming, banking or risk relevant experience is required
Location Tagging: #EU #US #CANADA #LI-Remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know