Marketing & Communications, Design
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. We first launched in 2017, and we have since built a community of over 1 million users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 250 employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and experienced UX Writer with a specialization in crafting compelling content for consumer mobile apps, particularly in the Fintech domain. As a member of our innovative team, you will play a crucial role in shaping user experiences by creating clear, concise, and user-centric copy that guides users through our mobile applications seamlessly.
If you are a passionate UX Writer with a knack for creating exceptional user experiences within the mobile app landscape, and you possess expertise in Fintech, we invite you to join the KOHO Collective!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, and developers, to understand user needs and project goals.
- Write and edit user interface (UI) text, microcopy, tooltips, in-app messages, and push notifications that enhance user engagement and comprehension.
- Develop a consistent and user-friendly tone and voice that aligns with our brand and resonates with our target audience.
- Conduct thorough research to understand the Fintech industry landscape, user behaviour, and emerging trends to inform content decisions.
- Translate complex financial concepts into easily understandable language for users from various backgrounds.
- Participate in usability testing and user research to gather insights and iterate on content based on user feedback.
- Collaborate in the development and maintenance of a content style guide to ensure a cohesive and consistent user experience across all touchpoints.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and share knowledge with the team to continuously improve content strategies.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (3+ years) as a UX Writer, Content Designer, or similar role, with a strong portfolio showcasing your work on consumer mobile apps.
- Specialization in writing for Fintech applications is highly desirable, demonstrating an understanding of financial terminology and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to convey complex information in a concise and approachable manner.
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools (e.g., Sketch, Figma) to collaborate effectively with design teams.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, adapting to changing requirements and tight deadlines.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, with the ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to balance creativity with analytical thinking and a data-driven approach to content decisions.
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• 🧘♂️ Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up
• 💻 Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• 🆙 Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget
• 🥅 Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• 🙌 The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
• 🤝 Be an Owner - Every KOHO employee gets a generous amount of equity with a 10 year exercise window
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.