Software Development Manager
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 800,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
As a Software Development Manager, you will build, lead and inspire a cross-functional team to deliver product features and services while developing a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of KOHO. You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, while ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software. You will provide technical guidance and mentor developers to help them reach their potential and ship a world-class product.
What You'll Do
- Manage the growth and development of a high-performing technical team
- Lead and inspire engineers, product managers, and designers to build great products while managing deadlines and priorities
- Provide technical guidance including system design, and code review
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Own the craftsmanship, reliability, and scalability of your solutions
- Participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, onboarding, and mentoring new engineers
Who You Are
- You are collaborative and understand the importance of working as part of a team
- You have experience with web or mobile applications
- You are an owner and are invested in the success of the product and the team
- You know how to reach consensus with your peers
- You are focused on the customer and the details that make their experience amazing
- You are practical, making the best use of time and resources to find the simplest solution that works
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a team lead or managing a team is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills, sufficient for a remote-first environment
- Ability to concisely communicate about complex technical issues
- Experience with cross-functional engineering teams is preferred
- Familiarity with Software Development Best Practices
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.
See more open positions at KOHO Financial
Something looks off?