Systems Analyst - Payments Operations
Posted on Saturday, October 8, 2022
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 800,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
As a Payments Operation Analyst, you will collaborate with Payments leadership to further develop the Payments Operations team into a high performing organization by defining, executing, and communicating operational processes, standards, and best practices that work flawlessly and minimize firefighting.
- Monitor and health check the ledger system of KOHO
- Identify, analyze and document discrepancies in the transactions and propose solutions if a fix is required
- Reconciliation of user accounts and transactions with the master system
- Reconcile Finance dashboard data with back end data
- Help and assist Finance team in cash management fund flows
- Prepare manual adjustment scripts or data required for any identified discrepancies
- Manage, enhance and document operations procedures and processes end-to-end serving as a subject matter expert
- Partner with our Product team to identify gaps, examine opportunities, and model improvements against speed, cost, and acceptance
- Collaborate with our Engineering team to build out critical tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues
- Collaborate with the User Success team to update and create payments help articles and training documentation
- Own payment issues from beginning to end, working with the Engineering team and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion
- Work with the Accounting team for money management and reconciliation
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least three years in a similar role as an Operation Specialist or Business Consultant in a high-growth tech company
- Knowledge in General Ledger Systems or Cash Management Systems
- Knowledge of Financial Transaction Processing Systems
- Knowledge of the Core Banking system is an added advantage
- Good knowledge in SQL / Excel
- Experience working with Development and Product teams
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude
- Team player with a collaborative approach
- Any knowledge in a programming language is a plus
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.
See more open positions at KOHO Financial
Something looks off?