Senior Manager, Business Development
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks’ Business Development team is responsible for bringing in revenue through strategic partnerships. The Sr. Manager, Accountant Channel will set the strategy on how best to identify and source new partnerships with accountants, bookkeepers and outsourced CFO’s, and then manage those relationships to set them up for success. This is a quota-carrying management role within the sales organization that reports into the Director, Business Development.
The role is part 1) strategy, in that this person should cultivate deep industry expertise and analyze performance metrics in order to proactively recommend approaches to leverage the channel to the Director, BD; 2) sales, in that this person should be able to sell an accountant on the benefits of partnering with Justworks; and 3) relationship management, in that this person will then nurture those partners and source referral business on an ongoing basis. It will be your job to analyze the data and surface opportunities to grow the channel.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Own the channel strategy across a growing partner ecosystem of accountants and outsourced CFOs nationwide
- Manage the accountant program P&L
- Research competitor accountant programs and benchmark incentives accordingly
- Figure out how to deliver non-monetary value back to accountants’ practices
- Manage Channel Managers and help them identify which Accounting/Outsourced CFO firms to focus on
- Report to finance regularly on overall program health and make recommendations where appropriate
- Prospect and set up meetings with Accountants; perform QBRs with top partners and devise new ways to nurture partner relationships
- Hit individual and team quarterly revenue targets
- Build relationships internally with Sales Managers and work cross-functionally with finance, marketing, CS, business operations, etc.
- Travel to other US cities to grow the Accountant channel in multiple markets
- Enhance overall reporting, data integrity, and processes necessary to scale
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Manager, Accountant Channel, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Foundational sales knowledge - the specific set of sales skills (prospecting, cold calling, nurturing, engaging, presenting, negotiating, closing etc) and knowledge (product, markets, trends, business etc) a person possesses to enact the exchange of value between a buyer and the vendor.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment where no two days are alike
- 7-8 years in a quota-carrying role, either in BD, partnerships or enterprise sales
- Prior experience selling into and/or networking with the accounting community is preferred but not required
- Management experience required
- Track record of building strong business relationships
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM (other systems like Tableau are a plus)
- Superior communication, interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Extensive knowledge of building lasting relationships, startup go-getter who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up doing event planning, marketing, sales operations, whatever is necessary
- Strong network within the accounting community preferred but not required
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $155,500.00 to $178,825.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.