Senior Coordinator, Unemployment Operations & Verifications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Do you love to work as part of a team? Are you resourceful and adaptable in prioritizing and focusing on getting things done? Are you technologically savvy and able to quickly learn new systems and software programs? Do you pride yourself in your attention to detail and ability to organize? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Operations and Verifications Coordinator, you will assist the Unemployment Insurance Claims Team with resolving state inquiries (including child support fact-finding documents, mortgage and earning verifications, wage audits, and more) and remitting other necessary information to state agencies. This is a highly cross-functional role, working across teams with Customer Success, Mailroom and Workplace, Business Operations, Onboarding, and Payment Tax Unit. By timely remitting documentation to the correct interested party, you play a key role in maintaining the integrity within the program for all stakeholders and add value to Justworks customers.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Process child support, mortgage, wage audit, earnings and benefit verification as well as other urgent requests from state departments accurately and timely.
- Manage heavy mail volumes. Collect, scan, sort and file mail. Partner with the mailroom to ensure that the department’s mail is uploaded and properly assigned to the appropriate workflow boards. Pull, organize and take actions on documents retrieved from multiple states' websites accordingly.
- Partner with the Unemployment Department to ensure that out-going and in-coming mail is addressed and sent to the appropriate state agency and other responsible parties.
- Partner with Unemployment Hearing Representative to complete pre-hearing requirements such as document submissions to state agencies, witnesses, and claimants. Schedule witness preparation meetings and complete hearing registrations.
- Assist senior team members in building out internal resources (help articles, training decks, etc.)
- Maintain address of record on all PEO accounts.
- Partner with Payment Tax Unit and Legal to maintain active, updated, and accurate Power of Attorney (POAs).
- Audit, verify, and protest unemployment benefit charge statements.
- Triage documents and cases appropriately for efficient assignments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Coordinator, Unemployment Operations & Verifications, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience, preferably in unemployment claims, human resources, or other related fields. Prior PEO experience, a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat required - including working knowledge of redacting, editing, resizing, organizing, and optimizing documents/files.
- Experience with utilizing multiple systems and software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and autonomously learn new systems and processes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done and defining new processes.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $31.98 to $35.18 per hour.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.