Tax Registration Coordinator
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Are you focused on and committed to helping people? Do you love breaking down complicated concepts into simple terms and solving problems? Are you a smart, motivated self-starter looking to join a fast growing company with top notch culture? The Unemployment Tax coordinator team at Justworks owns unemployment registration setup, account maintenance and communication with our customers regarding their accounts.
As a Tax Registration Coordinator you will work within the State Unemployment Insurance Team cross functionally with the Onboarding, Payment Tax and Customer Success Organization teams to help collect the necessary information to ensure a successful relationship between all stakeholders. State Agency relationship management is also a key function of this role. You will be able to blend together operational and problem-solving skills by working cross-functionally to resolve inquiries/issues while aiming to maximize operational efficiency.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Register new accounts for our customers who have hired employees in a new state.
- Complete and file all necessary Power of Attorney applicable in each state.
- Work with representatives from state unemployment offices to make sure all state unemployment accounts are set up properly.
- Craft outbound emails to customers regarding required information for their accounts; follow up via phone when necessary with the required service level agreement.
- Update state requirements and setup instructions as changes occur to ensure all information is current, streamlined, and easy to follow.
- Manage the queue of open issues to deliver timely and effective solutions regarding a customers' unemployment tax account.
- Daily maintenance of tax reporting and filing software by inputting newly reported customer data, relevant or new tax data, confirming accuracy and surfacing any issues to senior team members.
- Contribute recommendations for improving the collection and tax remittance process as applicable.
- Partner with the State unemployment claims team to ensure timely updates to accounts in order to ensure claims are routed correctly.
- Track trends identified within each state proactively create relevant responses.
- Remain informed regarding state regulations affecting new business registrations and account maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Tax Registration Coordinator, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in customer service
- Prior payroll tax experience is a plus
- Comfort handling challenging situations; ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new products and helping to break down complicated topics and explain them in simple terms people can understand
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem you face, and know how to organize and prioritize your workload
- Self-driven to be productive and seek out self-improvement
- Committed to delivering service excellence in every customer interaction
- Excited by opportunities to drive process improvements
The base wage range for this position based in our Tampa Office is targeted at $24.16 to $26.58 per hour.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.