Senior Manager, People Systems
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is looking for a Senior Manager, People Systems (Workday) to oversee the newly formed People Systems team within Justworks’ People & Workplace function. This role will be responsible for the implementation and management of the Workday platform, which includes Core HCM, Compensation, Absence and Time Tracking, Benefits and Payroll. Justworks’ Workday implementation is currently underway and slated for January 1, 2024 go live.
As Senior Manager, People Systems (Workday), you will be responsible for directing a team of specialists in owning all People related systems including Workday, our LMS, Greenhouse our ATS, and others. Responsibilities of the team will include gathering business requirements from across Justworks functions to inform all People systems design, configuration, testing, documentation, and integration management. You will be able to establish yourself as an expert in your craft through partnership and influence within the business and the People team.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Manage a team of two People Systems staff. Direct and oversee their work, and act as an escalation point for People Systems issues.
- Responsible for system architecture and configuration to meet business requirements
- Manage and direct all People Systems activities, including coordination on requirements and design for system enhancements, participation in vendor selection, new system or module implementations, issue management and escalation.
- Play a key role in understanding Justworks people processes across the organization and identifying ways systems and processes can be improved and consolidated; work with leaders across the business to uncover these areas and with their teams to implement new features and enhancements.
- Understand the integration landscape between Justworks’ systems and act as a business analyst in supporting integrations that touch people systems; work with counterparts in other functions to support existing integrations and to identify areas for enhancement.
- Proactively identify opportunities for automation and system improvements to support our end to end processes, and reduce manual work.
- Responsible for managing the People Systems roadmap for future implementations and enhancements, balancing business needs and facilitating tradeoff conversations as needed.
- Plan for and execute Workday semi-annual upgrades: identify impacted product features, coordinate cross-functionally to execute integration and user experience testing, and coordinate communications about feature updates.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Manager, People Systems (Workday), how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Systems thinking - the ability to look at overall systems holistically and understand how things work within the system through the exploration of interdependencies and inter-relationships (context and connections).
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Systems architect - can configure Workday processes and modules to meet the needs of the people team and the business.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 8+ years of hands on, progressive People Systems experience, preferably at a company that has experienced significant growth
- 3+ years of managing others either directly or indirectly, through team leadership or mentoring
- Extensive experiencing implementing Workday or managing a Workday platform required
- Experience with Core HCM, Compensation, Advanced Compensation, Absence and Time Tracking, Payroll, Benefits Workday modules strongly preferred
- Experience with Workday Recruiting, Learning, Talent & Performance modules a plus
- Experience with Greenhouse recruiting a plus
- Proven ability to act in the capacity of a senior business analyst, driving conversations around business problems and potential solutions
- Process improvement mindset and the ability to use data and metrics to drive decisions
- Proven ability to build trust and healthy relationships across an entire organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high social and emotional intelligence
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, Ticket Management Systems
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $155,500.00 to $178,825.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.