Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
A rapidly growing SAAS company is seeking a Director, Treasury to join its Finance leadership team. This role will partner with key stakeholders in the Finance organization to lead the Company's Treasury function including cash management, forecasting, banking administration, credit compliance reporting, insurance, and other treasury related operations. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Director, Treasury will get exposure to senior management and will get an opportunity to have a positive impact at an inflection point for the Company.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, excellent analytical capabilities, and interpersonal and leadership skills to marshal cross-functional resources to achieve their objectives.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Maintain an efficient system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities.
- Manage funding needs and cash movements across all legal entities.
- Administer the Company’s cash management systems.
- Maintain strong communication with all domestic and global banking relationships regarding day-to-day treasury needs.
- Act as an authorized signatory on bank accounts and as an officer of company entities, as needed.
- Build and lead a team that develops cash flow forecasting and models that will be used to optimize liquidity, borrowing needs, strategic business decisions, and investments.
- Develop a structure to work with business partners, shared services, and FP&A to optimize working capital.
- Develop treasury reporting dashboards appropriate for various stakeholders and track KPIs.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Oversee daily cash positioning activities including managing daily liquidity, cash position reconciliation, and bank reporting.
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of the Company’s short- and long-range planning.
- Oversee the Company's debt compliance and reporting process.
- Manage and monitor processes for corporate credit cards and bank account access/authorization.
- Invest excess cash within cash investment guidelines to optimize interest income.
- Design, analyze, monitor, and hedge exposures to foreign exchange and interest rate risk.
- Lead in identifying risk and developing complex mitigation strategies.
- Other special projects and requests as appropriate.
How You Will Do Your Work
As the Director,Treasury, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Organizational awareness - maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goal.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 10+ years of corporate treasury experience
- Certified Treasury Professional designation is a plus
- Experience managing a motivated team and providing career development feedback
- Strong analytical, financial and systems skills
- Hands on experience in cash flow forecasting
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in multi-national and/or PE leveraged environments is preferred
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $198,000.00 to $237,600.00 per year.
#LI-Hybrid #LI- AG1
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.