Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are self-driven and like to work with others to remove roadblocks. You are curious, and love to explore and learn new technologies. You have demonstrated the ability to build, deploy and maintain large-scale, complex applications. You have worked with customer-facing applications and know how to separate data and functionality as necessary. You design with security and performance in mind. You understand and use automated testing as a productivity multiplier.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
The Growth team’s mission is to identify areas of opportunity within other business units at Justworks, and deliver technology that unlocks value-adds for those teams. Joining our team as a Software Engineer, you will apply your experience with technology to creatively push the boundaries of what’s possible for our internal teams, elevating Justworks’ technological foundation.
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers on a daily basis
- Play a key role in impactful and visible efforts to scale our technology and capitalize on business opportunities
- Evangelize software development best practices to ensure the sustainability of our technology, and motivate other engineers to do the same
- Responsible for instrumenting the product-led growth tech stack.
- Multiply the impact of engineers on your team through mentorship and empowerment
- Ship products and features that generate immediate value and feedback -- then iterate on them
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Software Engineer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of professional hands-on experience
- You have experience with data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design, and have used them to solve real-world problems
- You collaborate across engineering and product teams when you see opportunities for mutual benefit
- You face complexity with eagerness and confidence
- You thrive working with a team of diverse backgrounds and identities and you seek to bring out the best in your teammates
- You have experience working with service-oriented architectures
- Experience in Java/Kotlin on Spring (preferred)
- Experience in React (preferred)
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, CircleCI, DataDog
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $115,000.00 to $155,000.00 per year.
Please refer to the following sheet for LinkedIn Job Wrapping Tags: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dW5xwVMMRanD8YyE4j0ChGc3vqza6QuTu8nmhlZyJKg/edit#gid=0
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.