New-Product Benefits Financial Leader
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are equal parts entrepreneur, servant leader, and expert on financial services. You easily envision what success looks like for a product. You know how to rally a team to make visions turn into reality. You are technologically savvy and are eager to leverage your skills to deliver in an agile way the next generation of employer sponsored financial benefits.
In this role you will build a small, tight-knit team of program managers, engineers, and designers tasked with delivering a new employer sponsored financial benefit. You will also be expected to lay the foundation for the operations to support it.
If you are someone who:
- Has a founder’s mindset who enjoys building and scaling a team, setting standards, being a mentor
- Places emphasis on a team finding the right answer ahead of any one person being the one who was right
- Thrives off of turning ambiguous and evolving market requirements into tangible products
- Thinks in terms of outcomes rather than outputs
We’d love to hear from you!
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Build, deliver and scale Justworks’ newest employer-sponsored financial benefit
- Lead all aspects of development while balancing bold long-term vision with tangible short-term goals and milestones
- Take an idea for a new product and bring it to life, prioritizing speed, learning, and iteration over perfection
- Manage a delivery team, including product managers, designers, and engineers, to bring the vision of the product to life
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product lifecycle: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Establish systems to optimize for scale, efficiency, and reliability over time
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders and available data - including Voice of Customer data, external market data - specifically financial benefits data, build for known customer needs, continuously prioritize needs of customers and internal stakeholders, and reassess as needed
- Partner with teams across the business to create a cross-functional and collaborative development process specific to your domain
- Communicate priorities across the company, using evidence-based decision making
- Be a passionate believer in the product and evangelize it internally and externally
- Develop and grow a high-performing, cross-functional team, aligned around Justworks’ mission and business goals
- Cultivate an environment where people can do their best work, develop deep subject matter expertise, and grow their leadership skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Financial Benefits Leader, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business Insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Strategic Mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
- Plans and Aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Initiative and Motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Influence and Leadership - Fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a customer-facing product management capacity at a technology-driven organization with prior experience as a general manager, entrepreneur, or other product builder who has taken a software and/or financial product “from 0 to 1”
- Minimum of 3-4 years managing, growing, and scaling cross-functional teams with experience managing Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and operational focused roles
- Strong technical background and understanding of SaaS SMB products
- Specific technical, operational, strategic, and legislative knowledge of financial products (eg: tax advantaged savings, retirement, trading systems) preferred
- Demonstrated track record of building and shipping successful products in an agile environment with demonstrated business impact
- Experience owning and delivering complex products with large surface areas and lived experience making difficult prioritization and investment decisions
- Strong analytical ability paired with excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
- Holistic thinker — you’re able to synthesize and connect the dots across our business and product. You understand the larger system, as well as its component parts; you understand how small decisions or changes impact the broader customer or product experience.
- Experience in the financial products or human resources space, a plus
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $210,000.00 to $252,000.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.