Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Do you love to think of big ideas? Do you love little ideas that make an impact? Do you love to use words to describe those ideas? If you are someone that loves turning those ideas into real, impactful work– then this job is for you!
Justworks is seeking an entrepreneurial and experienced copywriter to help push how we express ourselves to the world and wants to join us on our mission to help entrepreneurs and businesses grow with confidence. You’ll be part of the broader marketing team, joining the Creative & Design team led by our Creative Director.
If you love creative problem-solving, iterating, writing, and generating strong hypothesis-driven ideas with a desire to push the boundaries of what’s possible within our brand - we’d love to hear from you!
What You Will Work On
- Push the brand tonally overall - work with team members to help shape where the brand is going and how it will sound in practice.
- Continually help push the boundaries with your team through new creative channels, technology, approaches, or assets for campaigns.
- Holistically own all things related to copy at the brand level such as headlines, paid social/digital, brand copy, scripts, concept/presentation write-ups, etc.
- Partner with Art Directors and designers to develop and execute a variety of deliverables like campaigns, social, scripts, video, digital and more
- Don't just write - be a strategic advisor, helping to clarify business objectives, define key messages, and differentiate our product offerings.
- Ability to research & gather learnings from platforms, consumer feedback, and culture to make concise, relevant recommendations.
- Concept, communicate, present, and create ideas by applying brand-level awareness as well as campaign tactics
- Collaborate with internal teams and across departments to understand goals, strategy, and feedback
- Proactively manage feedback, revisions, and reviews
- Oversee work through the production stage to completion
- Digest, understand and articulate complex products and audiences in a simple, meaningful way
- Brainstorm – you love coming up with new ideas and using data and insights to take campaigns to the next level
- Passionate and motivated in individual contribution but also collaborative efforts
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
As a Copywriter, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of copy experience at a creative agency or an in-house brand creative team
- Strong conceptual thinker with excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); ability to propose ideas across teams and contextualize multiple ideas in relation to one another
- Experience working on B2B brands/products and/or highly regulated industries is a plus
- Have a strong interest in and working knowledge of brand development, advertising, and the creative process
- Demonstrated writing and concepting ability, including the ability to write quickly (i.e., in a fast-paced environment), i.e., a portfolio with successfully launched client projects
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Skilled in writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Highly self-motivated and well organized
- Must understand how to work within strict budgets creatively
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, and/or Figma a plus
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing engaging content and campaigns
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Please submit a portfolio, cover letter, and your resume.
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $97,000.00 to $106,700.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.