Program Manager, Unemployment Insurance Integrity
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Everything you deliver is backed by a solid strategy. You’re excited by the idea of leading initiatives across an organization and driving impact. You maintain confidence throughout all your projects and are committed to getting things done.
As an Unemployment Insurance Integrity Program Manager, you will work collaboratively with Justworks’ Unemployment Insurance Claims Team as well as cross-functionally with teams across Justworks including: Customer Success, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Business Intelligence, Onboarding, and Payment Tax Unit. These programs will deal directly with Workforce Development, Policy, the Economy, Employment Services, as well as all current exchanges within the State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) program.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for driving large, company-wide initiatives from start to finish, building consensus and confidence along the way. You will also be in charge of creating detailed project timelines, making adjustments as needed, and setting clear expectations with relevant working groups.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Define the vision and strategy for Unemployment Insurance-related initiatives alongside business stakeholders and relevant working groups
- Gather requirements from both internal and external stakeholders as well as using available data - including Voice of Customer data, external market data, past metrics, competitive analysis, customer feedback etc
- Maintain continued improvements on the full lifecycle of the unemployment claims process to drive automation.
- Lead regular check-ins with relevant working groups and help keep critical deliverables on track. Create detailed project timelines and make adjustments as needed, setting clear expectations for the working group
- Lead change, anticipate how other teams might be impacted, and facilitate scoping and process design with them
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate potential risks to the success of projects you lead within the scope of Unemployment Insurance, escalating to leadership as appropriate
- Communicate how the work streams are progressing and key business decisions to leadership and other key stakeholders
- Report on the strengths, limitations, and recommended use cases of Earnings Verification and Audits, Separation Information Request, Determinations and Decisions, Appeals, Unemployment Hearings, Benefit Charge Statement Management, SUTA Rates and Voluntary Contributions
- Liaise with partners and vendors outside of the organization to drive execution of projects with external dependencies.
- Lead resolution efforts for issues that may arise and follow through until they’re completed
- Inform future strategy through data tracking and insights
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Program Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Strategic mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 3-5 years experience in unemployment insurance, with past experience in program or project management
- Prior PEO experience preferred
- Strong business acumen required, including an understanding of tech/SaaS companies
- Experience with software planning tools and/or project management tools
- Ability to learn about the Justworks-PEO unemployment insurance program and other domains quickly
- Strong communication skills, including managing up
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- Team player who puts the needs of the project and group first
- Technical background a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
The base wage range for this position based in our Tampa Office is targeted at $101,370.00 to $111,507.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.