People Business Partner
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are a true HR guru. You know what employees want and how to ensure they are being taken care of on both a personal and professional level. There is no problem too big or too small that you cannot tackle using your extensive HR knowledge and intuition to drive improvements across the business. Your presence fosters trust among employees and the people around you know you have their backs.
As the People Business Partner, you will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations and long-term strategy of your respective business areas and teams, including but not limited to: employee relations, terminations, performance issues, internal job changes, employee data integrity, and adherence to compliance and employment standards. The People Business Partner will report to the Senior Manager, People Business Partner Group.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Foster trust and confidence among employees in the execution of HR policies
- Demonstrate your knowledge and experience with sophisticated employment issues to drive high integrity employee relations, performance management, and conflict resolution strategies
- Partner with the DEIB lead to drive thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote DEIB in talent attraction, development, and retention of Justworks employees
- Partner with internal People team and external key stakeholders w/r/t HR Operations, DEIB, Employee Experience, Recruiting, Total Rewards, Legal to identify key problem areas or opportunities for improvement across people, process, technology, and policy areas, aligned to the overall People team strategy
- Partner with functional teams to develop functional career paths and identify opportunities to incorporate training and development programs within Justworks’ broader talent strategy
- Support company-wide performance management, succession planning, and employee development practices - ensuring alignment across matrixed functions
- Drive projects from discovery to implementation, including developing project plans and timelines, and coordinating internal and external resources to meet project requirements
- Collaborate with others to ensure continuous improvement that simplifies HR processes and policies
- Support administrative tasks as required to ensure timely execution of all People related activity
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a People Business Partner, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in HR/HRBP, ideally with some experience supporting Product and Engineering teams
- Past people management experience preferred
- Relevant, progressive experience in a high-growth, fast-paced, and matrixed tech company where ongoing change is the norm
- Proven experience developing partnerships with business leaders, particularly in helping them lead an organization through significant change, and during a period of realignment and growth.
- Provide support and guidance to people leaders at all levels across the organization (front-line managers, mid-management, and senior executives).
- The ability to understand Business and Technology strategy in order to align people team’s strategies to meet business goals
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $137,500.00 to $151,250.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.