Group Product Manager, Payments
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You easily envision what success looks like for a product. You know how to rally a team to make visions turn into reality. You are technologically savvy and are eager to leverage your skills towards a creative, entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate can develop a strong strategy, lead teams and deliver in an agile, iterative way.
As a Group Product Manager, you will be working collaboratively with Design and Engineering. Your role entails managing a product, as well as developing and growing a small team of Product Managers.
As a strategic leader, you will define the vision and roadmap for a cluster of teams, bridging company mission and goals to develop a business rooted and user-centric roadmap. As a people leader, you will mentor other Product Managers and motivate your teams around a true north. As an executional leader, you will be accountable for the delivery of your team’s roadmap, with a bias toward short, iterative cycles of learning and value creation.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Develop, mentor, and lead a team of customer-focused Product Managers
- Help craft Justworks’ Product Management team and processes as we grow
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders and available data - including Voice of Customer data, external market data, and existing Justworks data
- Build deep institutional and marketplace knowledge of the myriad integrated and point solutions in people management tech
- Help to define and socialized a product vision and strategy with stakeholders and direct working team
- Partner with Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, and other teams across the business to create a cross-functional and collaborative development process specific to your domain
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product lifecycle: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Communicate product priorities across the company, using evidence-based decision making
- Create metrics and goals around feature launches, measuring success post-launch and iterating
- Continuously prioritize needs of customers and internal stakeholders, and reassess as needed
- Communicate with the leadership team to determine roadmaps and prioritize work, and present to the CEO
- Be a passionate believer in the Justworks product and evangelize it internally and externally
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- Be able to say “No,” but back it up with reasoning
- Do what it takes to get the job done and motivate a team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Group Product Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 7 years minimum of experience in a customer-facing product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
- 3 years minimum of experience managing Product Managers
- Demonstrated track record of building and shipping successful products in an agile environment with demonstrated impact
- Experience owning complex products with large surface areas and lived experience making difficult prioritization and investment decisions
- Ability to learn the Justworks domains quickly (benefits, payments, health insurance, HR, etc)
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience managing Product Managers
- SQL knowledge
- Technical background
- Understanding of SaaS SMB products
- Experience in the human resources space, a plus
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $190,000.00 to $218,500.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.