Account Executive - Chicago
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
The sales team at Justworks is ultimately in charge of expanding our customer base while driving revenue and growth. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for the full sales cycle - building and managing a sales pipeline, market research, prospecting, fostering relationships and creating new ones, contract negotiation, and closing on your deals. Sales is challenging, especially at a start-up but it’s a fulfilling and rewarding experience as you become a trusted advisor to our customers.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Manage own book of business, build and manage an end-to-end sales pipeline and all supporting activities; prospect to close; meet or exceed your quotas
- Establish a presence in your territory; research the ins and outs of your territory (Chicago) develop a marketing and networking plan for how you will reach entrepreneur community in your market , and build relationships with the small business community
- Proactively prospect for new business by leveraging market research, sales tools, and cold prospecting
- Gain a sound understanding of our value proposition and effectively communicate that to new potential customers
- Be the voice of our future customers - suggest innovative ideas to generate sales, cultivate customer pipeline leads; improve overall customer experience and advocate internally for product development
- Be an ambassador of Justworks and its solutions; strive to gain an intimate and comprehensive knowledge of our suite of products
- Occasional travel in some territories once the Covid-19 pandemic passes
- Perform other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As an Account Executive, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Foundational sales knowledge - the specific set of sales skills (prospecting, cold calling, nurturing, engaging, presenting, negotiating, closing etc) and knowledge (product, markets, trends, business etc) a salesperson possesses to enact the exchange of value between a buyer and the vendor.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in outbound sales; knowledgeable in selling to small to medium sized businesses based in Chicago.
- B2B software/SaaS and Salesforce experience is a plus
- Have a proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding your quotas
- You are driven and a self-starter who acclimates quickly to new environments
- Passionate about sales and relationship focused customer engagements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrates the ability to listen with a purpose to gather important information during a sales call and/or meeting
- Ability to simplify complicated topics and explaining them in terms people can easily understand
- You’re an overachiever and proactive
- Able to apply creative solutions to a variety of issues in a fast paced environment
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and the opportunity to build something meaningful!
The base wage range for this remote position is targeted at $79,000.00 to $79,000.00.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.