Manager, Fraud Operations
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are interested in building scalable fraud detection and prevention processes and leveraging data to inform them. You are a hands-on leader who will think and act both strategically and tactically and build a lean team. You are an excellent communicator who can effectively explain complex ideas in simple terms. You are an enthusiastic individual with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
You will manage a team of fraud analysts and work closely with our product, engineering, and customer support teams to identify and mitigate fraud risks. You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing your team members. You will be responsible for coordinating with the company’s technology resources to build and maintain strong defenses.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Own and manage the operational workflow for sanctions screening, bank account verification, company and member onboarding checks
- Develop and implement fraud prevention strategies and policies, as well as tracking and reporting on key fraud metrics and SLAs
- Lead and coordinate fraud incident resolution, bank inquiries, and fraud-related investigations
- Collaborate with Justworks’ Application Security, Legal, Onboarding, and Customer Success teams to create and maintain a safe, compliant environment for Justworks and our customers
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to improve fraud-prevention systems, diagnose bugs, and deploy solutions
- Provide input on strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
- Identify pain points and remediate issues by creating processes and maintaining operational tools
- Handle general management responsibilities such as leading regular team meetings, generating weekly metrics reports, and conducting periodic performance reviews
- Communicate changes in procedures and other important updates across teams
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Manager of Fraud Operations, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Systems thinking - the ability to look at overall systems holistically and understand how things work within the system through the exploration of inter-dependencies and inter-relationships (context and connections).
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 7-10 years of experience with fraud prevention and OFAC compliance preferably in a payroll or financial services environment
- 1-3 years of experience with managing team of fraud analysts
- Knowledge of ACH and wire transfers
- Technologically savvy; experience with utilizing multiple systems and software program
- SQL knowledge preferred
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $109,000.00 to $119,900.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?