Senior Software Engineer, Back End (GPX) - Mexico (Remote)
About Juniper Square
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of private markets. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate, private equity, and venture capital make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets, and as a result, bringing efficiency, transparency, and access to one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you.
Juniper Square offers employees a variety of ways to work, ranging from a fully remote experience to working full-time in one of our physical offices. We invest heavily in digital-first operations, allowing our teams to collaborate effectively across 27 US states, 2 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. We have physical offices in San Francisco, CA and Austin, TX, for US employees who prefer to work in an office some or all of the time.
The GP eXperience team (i.e., GPX) is responsible for Juniper Square’s product offering for General Partners (GPs). This is our core product that enables all other innovation at Juniper Square as we unlock and improve the world’s private capital markets. Our platform handles billions of dollars of transactions each month and we are actively expanding into additional private asset classes such as Venture Capital & Private Equity. Come help us innovate in fundraising, reporting, asset-ownership mapping, and more.
Read more about the team, culture, and recent projects on our Engineering Blog.
Our newest team is being built from the ground up, taking on responsibilities focused on customer interactions for our GP clients. This team is built from a business growth need, and will be an exciting opportunity to help lead and shape the team.
About your role
The Juniper Square engineering team is growing fast. We are looking for someone that will be based in Mexico as we grow our Engineering presence there. This is a fully remote position. As a Senior Backend Engineer at Juniper Square, you will collaborate closely with frontend engineers and cross-functional partners across our product, design, and quality assurance teams to contribute to and build out our strategic initiatives.
Your role is to collaborate with the team to deliver on these objectives and contribute to evolving our platform's infrastructure to meet expanding scope and scale. Specifically, you will:
- Contribute to large, complex projects in a team, providing technical reviews and execution
- Participate in project kick offs and translate projects requirements into technical specifications for implementation
- Define new and expand existing data models, including database schema and object models in the data access layer
- Implement any required business logic in the service layer
- Define and implement GraphQL API endpoints, collaborating with frontend engineers
- Write integration and unit tests for your code and perform code reviews for colleagues
- Provide technical support for stakeholder groups such as customer success
- Participate in monitoring, diagnosing, and addressing production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing a microservice or services is required
- 4+ years of experience building web-based using modern frameworks
- Expertise in Python or other server-side web application development languages
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be operating in a fast-paced startup environment
- Effective Communication both in Spanish and English (Oral and Written)
At Juniper Square, we believe building a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture makes us a better company. If you think this job sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Compensation for this position includes a base salary, equity, and a variety of benefits. We are actively hiring for this role in Mexico and offer competitive local pay and benefits. Your recruiter can provide further details.
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Mental wellness coverage
- Fertility and growing family support
- Unlimited vacation in addition to company paid holidays
- Paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- Monthly home office stipend
- Allowance to customize your work and technology setup at home
- Annual professional development stipend
Something looks off?