Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers - and we’re just getting started.
As a member of the Platform Engineering team, you are passionate about building performant tech stacks, mitigating failures, enabling development teams, advocating for and implementing tooling to optimize developers’ path to production. You love to learn, take on challenges, and are empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You're comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and advocating for improvements to the way we work.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will possess a strong understanding of software design and how to operate highly reliable and scalable products and services. You will work closely with other Jetty software engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that our systems meet our reliability and performance standards. You will use your expertise in software engineering, operations, and automation to proactively detect and mitigate incidents, reduce downtime, and prevent outages. You will also collaborate with other engineers to identify and resolve systemic problems, and to continuously improve the overall reliability of our infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Lead the architectural design, development, and advancement of our infrastructure, networking, and security frameworks.
- Create and deploy automation and monitoring solutions to proactively identify and mitigate incidents, with the overarching goal of preventing system outages.
- Identify and rectify systemic issues that impact the reliability and scalability of our systems.
- Lead post-incident reviews and implement remedial actions to proactively prevent the recurrence of similar incidents.
- Collaborate with engineers from various teams to define tasks, scope and distribute responsibilities
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that our systems meet our reliability and performance standards.
- Participate in capacity planning and performance optimization activities to ensure that our systems are scalable, fault tolerant, resilient, and performant.
- Participate in on-call rotations and respond to incidents with effective resolution strategies.
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal technology ceremonies, and mentoring other members of the engineering team
Our current toolstack:
- Docker, Terraform, CDK
- Serverless technologies; Lambda, EventBridge, Step-Functions, API Gateway
- Postgresql, DynamoDB, Redis, Snowflake
- AWS, GitHub, GitHub Actions
- The right tool for the job. We are not tied to any specific language or framework, but encourage our engineers to explore and learn better ways of building software
The experiences you will bring:
- 5-8 years of experience in cloud native architecture and development
- Expert understanding of modern source control tools and CI/CD practices
- Expert understanding of AWS solutions architecture (Certifications recommended)
- Expert knowledge in building reliable, performant, and robust services
- Advanced knowledge working Python services (Golang is a plus)
- Advanced knowledge in building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Advanced understanding and experience in containerization and container orchestration technologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Infrastructure-as-Code practices and relevant tooling (Terraform or equivalents)
- Advanced experience with cloud networking methodologies and components; service networking, API Gateway, service-discovery/service-mesh
- Intermediate experience with cloud-based security controls and practices
- Intermediate experience with networking, Linux systems administration, and common cryptography practices and libraries
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Compensation & Benefits
Beyond our mission, our products, and our people, the best way for Jetty to attract, develop, and retain talent is to provide both career growth and financial opportunity. In order to provide financial opportunity, our goal is to create compensation packages that are:
- Salary bands are based on market data
- Data pulled from similar sized companies to ensure we remain competitive
- Salaries for current and future employees are in our budget, which is reviewed quarterly
- Comp bands are based on 50th percentile market data (aka, right in the middle)
- Defined compensation bands for each level of a job family, updated twice a year
- Consistent performance management practices and company wide compensation audits
- Everyone is paid against Tier 1 compensation data, since it’s the most robust dataset, regardless of where you work
- Equity grants for all new hires, based on market data and internal comparables
- Additional grants given based on performance
- Comprehensive health insurance options that Jetty contributes to financially
- Health and wellness benefits
- Remote work benefits
- Flexible work schedules
- Generous leave policies
Compensation for this role:
- The annual base salary range for this role is $160-190k and may be inclusive of multiple career levels
- The offer package for this role will also include stock option equity
- Individual offer decisions within this range will be based on multiple factors, including your level of experience, relevant skills, and balancing internal equity to ensure fair and equitable compensation across similar roles
Benefits and perks include:
- Health (with HSA and FSA options), dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Optional life and disability coverage
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and flexible sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible remote work in any US location (keeping east coast hours)
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, childcare, phone/internet bill, and optional co-working space
At Jetty, we know renting a home can be a financial challenge. That’s why we’re on a mission to make renting accessible to everyone. Jetty offers four financial products designed to help our members every step of the renting process: Jetty Deposit, a low-cost security deposit product that dramatically reduces move-in costs; Jetty Rent, a flexible rent payment program to eliminate pricey late rent fees; Jetty Credit, a credit building service that helps renters build credit just by paying rent; and Jetty Protect, an affordable renters insurance product that provides comprehensive coverage in just a few clicks.
Jetty has raised multiple rounds of venture capital from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi, Valar, and strategic investors. We’ve built a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country, and we believe in finding the best talent—regardless of where they live. To learn more about life at Jetty, visit jetty.com/careers.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.