Auto Liability Specialist - INSHUR (US)
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for an Auto Liability Specialist here at INSHUR, based in NYC. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories, including the US, UK, and the Netherlands, and new European countries as we expand.
Supported by (and reporting to) the Auto Liability Team Leader, you'll be joining a friendly team of 10 who believe in providing our customers with the best service possible whilst always pushing for new ideas and innovation.
What you'll do
As our Auto Liability Specialist you will be responsible for working NYC territory but with a potential to work on more territories as we expand.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have plenty of experience with investigating, evaluating and settling collision, comprehensive and property damage claims
- Have a strong understanding of New York negligence laws and how it applies to physical damage claims
- Hold a New York Independent Adjuster License: NY-IA 17-66
- Are familiar with New York Regulation 64 - Unfair Claims Settlement Practices
- Are passionate about helping customers
- Understand the value of teamwork
- Enjoy working in a challenging environment
- Excited about working in the evolving insurtech industry
Your colleagues say you:
- Always deliver when it comes to customers
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a great attention to detail
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
Our budget for this role is $50,000 - $60,000 and we will take into account your previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we've built a benefits package that invests in our employees’ long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- Generous PTO and statutory sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Basic Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401K match
- Up to 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Annual training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly flexible well-being allowance to help you remain healthy and productive
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
INSHUR is the fastest-growing global provider of insurance for the on-demand economy, making coverage fair and accessible for drivers.
Cutting edge technology underpins our revolutionary offering for on demand drivers, keeping premiums affordable and delivering results for partners. With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of our teammates and the people around us
And… Enjoying the ride!
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability, or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share, or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.