US Head of Compliance - INSHUR (US)
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with loads of opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a US Head of Compliance, to join us at INSHUR. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across the US. We are headquartered in New York City with a separate hub office in Westlake Village, Los Angeles.
We like getting together for workshops, events, and certain meetings so some regular travel to both NY and LA offices will be expected of the successful candidate, but, just like our product, we are flexible on cadence.
Working closely with the Director of US Markets and the other key US operational and Group function leaders and teams you’ll be supported by (and reporting to) INSHUR’s Group General Counsel, and be joining a friendly legal & compliance team who believe in providing practical and compliant guidance and solutions to colleagues in a clear and collaborative manner.
What you'll do
As our US Head of Compliance you will be a key business partner to the US management team providing insurance specific regulatory compliance management to our operations and technical functions, undertaking a wide variety of activities.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more about aptitude and passion than ticking boxes. So don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the listed skills and experience.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are an experienced insurance compliance professional with at least 8 years experience of working in a hands-on, client-facing commercial environment with the majority of the time working in the P&C insurance business (including experience in Surplus Lines )
- Have a track record of working with US insurance regulators to resolve a variety of regulatory matters, including product form and rate questions.
- Experienced in advising on complex compliance and regulatory matters in at least 5 US states, including NY and CA.
- Can demonstrate self-starter skills, including a career path exemplified by taking on diverse and challenging tasks and roles during your career
- Have a true ability to work effectively in teams of various sizes
- Aren’t phased by managing a variety of sometimes unrelated tasks and projects and working with business partners to meet their timelines and expectations
- Are a continual learner - you want to know all there is about the industry, customers, other teams, and marketing best practices
Your colleagues say you:
- A leader who can influence cross functional teams and other senior leaders
- A succinct and engaging writer, able to translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language
- Analytical, naturally curious and a born collaborator
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
Our budget for this role is c. $160-180k and we will take into account your previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we've built a benefits package that invests in our employees’ long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to 8 federal holidays and statutory sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Basic Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401K match
- Up to 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Annual training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly flexible well-being allowance to help you remain healthy and productive
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
INSHUR is the fastest-growing global provider of insurance for the on-demand economy, making coverage fair and accessible for drivers.
Cutting edge technology underpins our revolutionary offering for on demand drivers, keeping premiums affordable and delivering results for partners. With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of our teammates and the people around us
And… Enjoying the ride!
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability, or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share, or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.