Office Manager, Assistant Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $169 billion in global client assets invested in 1,362 funds, as of September 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018 – 2023); a three-time selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers (2021-2023); and a three-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire an Office Manager for our New York City Headquarters which seats more than 770 employees. This role will manage the Facilities team currently made up of 7 people (and growing). The Facilities team plays an integral role in creating a welcoming and fulfilling place for iCapital employees to work.
A successful candidate is hospitality and customer service-driven and understands their impact in supporting a vibrant and productive office culture. This position will be responsible for leading the smooth operation of six floors, with 140,000 square feet of office space. This individual will support the team with bringing the NYC office to life by overseeing and coordinating daily operations, office expansion, and supporting employee experience initiatives. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Workplace.
Office Operations and Management:
- Oversee facility and manage escalations; ensuring all aspects of the office are functioning properly.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and ensuring accountability for operating expenses.
- Negotiate with vendors, submit invoices, create office expense reports, manage vendor payments system.
- Own and maintain positive and productive relationships with property management and third-party vendors (HVAC, food, and beverage, etc.).
- Submit and maintain up-to-date COIs for all vendors.
- Provide a safe working environment by upholding safety and security procedures across the Facilities team and collaborate with Risk Management team.
- Facilitate desk moves.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing all related special projects, as requested.
- Take ownership of providing quick and hospitable service to employee requests and issues.
- Comfortable utilizing Fresh Service or related ticketing platform. Define measures of success for ticket resolution.
- Curate monthly employee events and collaborate with HR, Events, Marketing, and DE&I teams, when needed, to execute successful events.
- Direct and support team with facilitation of internal and external meetings.
- Think creatively; always proactively look for ways to enhance the day-to-day employee experience while effectively managing costs.
- Coordinate with recruiting on onboarding and offboarding including desk assignments, outreach, new hire welcome tour, and delivery of swag.
- Lead a growing Facilities team (anticipated to grow to a team of 8) to execute on Workplace goals and initiatives.
- Assist with recruiting process and interviewing candidates.
- Support direct reports with consistent one-on-ones and coaching sessions. Provide regular feedback.
- Onboard and train new employees; equip with tools necessary to be successful in their roles.
- Manage employee schedules and delegate assignments. Support individual strengths and interests while ensuring maximum productivity.
- Commit to an in-office 8:00 am – 5:00 pm schedule from Monday-Friday (at times, you may need to stay late or come in early)
- 7+ years’ experience in customer experience, hospitality, building operations, administrative, events management, or related experience. Direct office management experience a plus
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience working cross-functionally to achieve team goals
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of OfficeSpace workplace management system a plus
- Knowledge of Expensify and Coupa or similar expense platforms a plus
- Passionate about creating an enjoyable day-to-day office experience for the team
- Present a professional appearance on a daily basis
- Personable and able to communicate across all levels of an organization, both in written communication and in-person interactions
- High energy and passionate
- Takes Initiative and is creative in developing new procedures
- Positive attitude, hands-on, problem solver with a solid work ethic
- Organized and detailed oriented and able to see the big picture
- Intelligent and quick learner, high level of integrity, self-confident and clear thinker
The base salary range for this role is $110,000 to $120,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.