Corporate Finance, Revenue Control - Assistant Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $166 billion in global client assets invested in 1,356 funds, as of August 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018 – 2023); a three-time selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers (2021-2023); and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is seeking a skilled and dynamic Assistant Vice President (AVP) to join our Revenue Control team within the Corporate Finance department. This is a unique opportunity to be a key player in shaping the future of iCapital as we continue to scale and expand into new areas. This individual’s impact will resonate across various financial activities, from accounting and revenue reporting for various products to streamlining processes, and driving scalability across the Corporate Finance team and other key stakeholders at iCapital.
- Revenue Modeling:
- Lead revenue calculations and controls for several product lines across iCapital, including technology platform solutions, alternative investments, and structured investments.
- Ensure precision in monthly and quarterly revenue estimates and actuals, providing insightful analyses of variances.
- Collaborate with client relationship managers, fund finance teams, finance leadership, and external client contacts to drive a culture of rigor and accuracy.
- Partner with Corporate Finance leadership to develop revenue forecasts, define key metrics, and analyze performance against expectations.
- Revenue Reporting:
- Lead month-end close processes and prepare revenue calculations and KPIs leveraging the iCapital platform and various technology tools and systems.
- Calculate and consolidate P&L and Balance Sheet data, ensuring accurate journal entries for various entities.
- Partner with the finance team in Lisbon, Portugal on billing, accounts receivable, and cash reconciliations.
- Revenue Processes and Scalability:
- Lead initiatives to enhance efficiency and automation of existing revenue data, calculation, and billing processes.
- Develop reporting and analyses to empower business and product leads with actionable insights for performance reporting to management and investors.
- Identify and address process gaps, implement internal controls, coordinate with external auditors, and improve process documentation.
- 6+ years of corporate accounting/public accounting experience within the financial services industry
- Outstanding financial analysis skills and understanding of accounting principles and US GAAP reporting
- Knowledge of booking journal entries and preparation of financial statements
- Data-driven thinker who can analyze large datasets
- Organized and detail-oriented process manager who can prioritize and communicate clearly with senior leadership
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to coordinate across teams and departments to drive projects
- CPA license preferred
- Degree in Accounting preferred
- Familiar with Oracle NetSuite preferred
- Familiar with alternative investments or structured investments preferred
The base salary range for this role is $100,000 to $140,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.