Fund Attorney - Assistant Vice President / Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $164 billion in global client assets invested in 1,333 funds, as of July 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018 – 2023); a three-time selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers (2021-2023); and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire an Assistant Vice President or Vice President, Fund Attorney to join the Legal team. The focus of this role will include representing private funds (both hedge and private equity funds) on a wide spectrum of matters including compliance and regulatory issues, capital raising, marketing, investor relations, fund formation and structuring, corporate transactional matters, etc. The ideal candidate should have strong experience in both drafting and negotiating fund documents, side letters, placement agreements and related fund materials. This person will work closely with both our General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel throughout the fund formation process.
- Negotiate various agreements with counterparties including fund managers and distribution agents.
- Draft and review of private fund offering materials, partnership agreements, and other private fund legal documentation.
- Assist with regulatory filing.
- Advise on the legal implications of offering new and existing products and services.
- Coordinate outside legal counsel with respect to a variety of issues including regulatory, corporate and fund investment work.
- Review marketing materials for SEC and FINRA compliance.
- Draft and review various contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documentation.
- Perform ad hoc research projects.
- 3+ years of fund formation experience within the Investment Management space (Private Equity and Hedge Fund)
- Strong knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and FINRA regulations
- Member in good standing of New York Bar or another state or jurisdiction
- Law firm or in-house experience at an asset management firm is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Willingness to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment
- High level of integrity
- Organized and detail-oriented with big picture capability
The base salary range for this role is $180,000 to $220,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
The start date for this role will be in early 2024.
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.