Alternative Product Specialist, West Coast Region - Vice President / Senior Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $164 billion in global client assets invested in 1,333 funds, as of July 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018 – 2023); a three-time selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers (2021-2023); and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Product Specialist to support the iDirect funds series in the West Coast market. Our Product Specialist team is responsible for iDirect product sales and advisor education for registered investment advisors (RIAs), regional, independent broker dealers, and bank trust clientele.
- Leverage a consultative sales process to acquire new relationships, expand existing client relationships, and service assets under management.
- Develop sales proficiency with iDirect offerings in private equity, private credit, and hedge funds.
- Travel in the market to meet with advisors, clients, and centers of influence in support of the broader sales and educational effort.
- Assist in the planning and execution of roadshows and conferences.
- Work alongside the sales team on client pitches, product positioning, and sales campaigns.
- Leverage technology input and reporting tools (e.g., Salesforce, Tableau).
- 5-10 years of experience working within the alternative investment industry in a client facing capacity (e.g., Investor relations at placement agent, private equity capital raising, external wholesaler, client portfolio manager, product specialist)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and follow a rigorous sales process.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and learns quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to continuous professional development and improvement of the team
- Excellent client service aptitude and attitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Salesforce
- Series 7 and 63 license required
- Obtain CAIA within 2-3 years of hire
The base salary range for this role is $130,000 to $175,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.