West, Regional Director - Assistant Vice President / Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $152 billion in global client assets invested in 1,210 funds, as of December 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Regional Director to be a member of our Western regional sales team responsible for covering (CA, AZ, AK, HI, NV, WA, and OR). The ideal candidate will be part of iCapital’s Alternatives Distribution team and this position reports into our Western region Managing Director. This role is responsible for alternative investment product sales and advisor education for registered investment advisors, regional and independent broker dealers, and bank trust clientele.
- Leverage a consultative sales process to acquire new relationships, expand existing client relationships, and service platform assets under management.
- Educate advisors on the merits of alternative investments as part of client portfolios.
- Continue to educate yourself and be able to discuss our 40 + offering menu of private credit, private equity, real estate, and hedge funds
- Lead and manage new manager roll-out process in market through targeted meetings, calls, and roadshows to support team capital raising efforts.
- Work in close partnership with asset management partners for joint capital raising efforts.
- Onboard new clients to iCapital’s best-in-class network to support business growth.
- Regularly travel in market as required to meet with advisors and clients to support new and existing business.
- Use of CRM, maintenance, and product pipeline maintenance
- 6+ years of experience working within the alternative investment industry in a client facing capacity (e.g., external wholesaler, capital raising specialist, client portfolio manager, product specialist)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and follow a rigorous sales process
- Able to sell and provide support for a diverse platform of hedge fund, private equity, private credit, and real estate offerings
- Series 7 & 63 license required
- Obtain CAIA within 2-3 years of hire
The base salary range for this role is $125,000 to $150,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
This role needs to be located in the West Coast Region - we are looking for candidates based in California or Washington.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.