Channel Marketing - Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $159 billion in global client assets invested in 1,288 funds, as of May 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018 – 2023); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Vice President to join the Channel Marketing team. Reporting into the Senior Vice President of Channel Marketing, this role will focus on the development and execution of marketing strategies which actively engage financial advisors in their usage of iCapital’s cutting-edge platforms. A primary function will include understanding and supporting the needs of various internal business partners by conceptualizing, building, analyzing, and iterating effective marketing campaigns that help achieve desired goals and KPIs.
The ideal candidate has experience utilizing various marketing channels to drive user journeys on a technology platform; is familiar with the wealth management landscape; understands the needs of financial advisors; and can quickly grasp and communicate the features and benefits of alternative investments, structured investments, and annuities, as well as the analytical tools that support them.
- Understand the iCapital platform experience from the perspective of a US-based asset manager, wealth manager, or financial advisor across various channels; work alongside and support key client contacts as well as internal business teams to deliver customized multi-channel campaigns:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Marketing, Product, Platform Solutions, and Compliance to support innovation, obtain an in-depth understanding of existing, new, and pipeline products and platform features, as well as project timelines.
- Develop strong relationships with internal clients and participate in ongoing team discussions to jointly design or proactively introduce and schedule marketing programs tied to product launches, platform features and updates, or user conversion campaigns.
- Ensure accurate and engaging messaging and design, as well as stringent compliance standards, are implemented across all communication channels spanning email, events, social media, collateral, videos, web, presentations, and more.
- Work briefing process and communications
- Author comprehensive marketing briefs to guide internal and external discussions, inform internal marketing teams of needed deliverables, and facilitate project management across the broader marketing team.
- Proactively and clearly communicate updates affecting campaign assets and set realistic timeline expectations with stakeholders and team members supporting execution
- Define, sign off, schedule, and deliver a consistent, effective, and high-volume stream of communications.
- Ensure business owners get early and frequent views of work in progress.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of marketing tools and platforms, constantly evaluate new tools, techniques, and approaches, and make budgeted recommendations when appropriate.:
- Work with marketing data strategist to build relevant metrics and dashboards.
- Actively monitor and publicize month-by-month trends across key campaign goals and metrics.
- Draw on insights to devise and optimize strategies to enhance future results; identify opportunities to accelerate output and deliver greater efficiency.
- Ensure corrective action is taken where metrics are trending badly.
- Keep up to date with industry measurement trends and ideas.
- 10+ years of B2B product marketing experience in the investment management and/or fintech sector
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Strong knowledge of various types of financial investments and markets (preferably in the alternatives, structured investments, or annuities space); FINRA Series 7 license a plus
- Analytical and data-driven when it comes to understanding sophisticated product and platform features, identifying campaign impact and meeting KPIs
- An advisor-centric mindset that maintains an unyielding focus on the end user experience, capturing user attention and fulfilling intended audience needs
- Highly proficient in Office applications and a strong understanding of the capabilities of enterprise-level email marketing platforms (i.e., Pardot, Hubspot) and CRMs (i.e., Salesforce)
- Natural leader and self-starter who easily navigates ambiguous situations while being resourceful and solutions-oriented; and is comfortable balancing multiple workstreams simultaneously with limited supervision
- Able to work at both strategic and tactical levels, generate innovative ideas and managing the execution of campaigns and projects that span multiple teams
- Works productively and collaboratively to solve issues, act swiftly, and be willing to step in and provide copyrighting, editing, design, or operational assistance to keep a project on track Excellent project management skills, which entails being very detail oriented, joining discussions well prepared, communicating frequently, setting clear expectations, steering teams towards alignment, and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills; can well-articulate campaign objectives, challenges, solutions, and storylines
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that accompanies a private firm culture with many strategic priorities
- Continuous learner, always searching for new ideas and fresh approaches
The base salary range for this role is $140,000 to $160,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.