Chief Marketing Officer - Managing Director
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is seeking an exceptionally accomplished and talented technology marketing leader to evolve its global marketing strategy, build awareness, and understand the company as the preeminent global provider of technology solutions for alternative investments. Our target audiences include technology, operations, and investment product executives at general partners/fund sponsors, banks, and wealth management institutions, as well as individual wealth management practitioners across the global financial services market.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), is a Managing Director and member of iCapital’s Management Committee, reporting to the Chairman and CEO. The CMO works closely with senior management peers leading Client Solutions, Technology, Product, International, Finance, and Legal. This role oversees a 40+person team, responsible for Market Intelligence, Creative, Marketing Operations, Digital Marketing, Education and Thought Leadership, Public Relations, and Corporate Communications.
- Partner with iCapital Technology and Sales leadership to develop the strategy through which iCapital’s brand will evolve as global, impactful, and differentiated, building preference among likely clients through a comprehensive multi-media program to drive awareness, understanding, and consideration.
- Oversee the development of comprehensive and compelling marketing materials and promotional campaigns suitable for banks, fund management, and fund distribution decision-makers such as CIOs, COOs, and CTOs for use in the global marketplace.
- Collaborate with Brand, Public Relations, and Sports Marketing agencies to develop iCapital’s messaging and creative execution for the many ways in which that messaging will be delivered to prospective clients – through materials, advertising, events, content, brand ambassadors, etc.
- Develop media plans to cost-effectively reach and influence our target audiences through paid, earned, and owned media and events.
- Work with members of the iCapital Compliance team to ensure strict adherence to applicable global regulations and guidelines.
- 15-20 years of relevant work experience as a strategic, outcome-based innovator of high profile, industry-leading technology brands
- Understanding of the global brand and marketing environment for high-growth B2B SAS technology brands
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and executing global B2B branding/marketing efforts – audience segmentation, message development, creative, production, media buying, and analytics
- Experience at or with a client base that includes general partners, Wirehouses, or private banks serving high-net-worth investors
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a track record of building and developing teams
- Confident and collaborative developer of messaging for participants across the consideration audience scope
The base salary range for this role is $375,000 to $450,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We expect most employees to work in the office three or four days a week. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated fully in-office jobs, based on their function. This role can be based in our Greenwich, CT or New York, NY offices.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Recognition Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.