Corporate Finance, Revenue Control - Associate / Assistant Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $157 billion in global client assets invested in 1,244 funds, as of March 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Revenue Control Associate or Assistant Vice President (AVP) on the Corporate Finance team to support iCapital’s growth by contributing to revenue oversight for the iCapital Solutions department. This role will involve accounting and reporting responsibilities for the iCapital Solutions teams, month end close duties, accounts receivable and payable tasks, treasury management, financial reporting consolidations and eliminations as well as ad hoc projects and analyses.
- Manage revenue calculations and controls for each of the product lines within the iCapital Solutions line of business, including alternative investments, structured investments, and technology solutions.
- Ensure accuracy of monthly and quarterly revenue estimates and calculations and perform analysis of month over month and expected to actuals variances.
- Collaborate with client relationship managers, fund finance teams, finance leadership, and external client contacts.
- Support Corporate Finance team with revenue trails tracking, processing, booking, and reporting.
- Partner with FP&A and strategy team on revenue forecasts, key metrics, and performance against expectations.
- Assist with month-end close processes for the iCapital Solutions business, which may include:
- Calculating and consolidating P&L and Balance Sheet data to prepare and book journal entries for various entities.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of invoices and accounting files.
- Preparing monthly cash reconciliations.
- Support other key business initiatives by:
- Identifying and remediating process gaps and implementing effective internal controls; improving documentation of internal control processes.
- Developing reporting and analyses to support business unit performance reporting to management and investors.
- Driving efficiency and automation of revenue calculations and invoicing processes.
- 4+ years of corporate accounting/public accounting experience within the financial services industry
- Outstanding financial analysis skills and understanding of accounting principles and US GAAP reporting
- Experience with treasury management, accounts receivable and payable, and cash reconciliations
- Knowledge of booking journal entries and preparation of financial statements
- Data-driven thinker who can manage large data sets for efficient analyses
- Organized and detail-oriented process manager who can prioritize and communicate clearly with senior leadership
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to coordinate across teams and departments to complete projects
- CPA license preferred but not required
- Degree in Accounting preferred
- Familiar with Oracle NetSuite or other general ledger systems (i.e., PeopleSoft, Axiom) preferred
- Familiar with alternative investments or structured investments preferred
The base salary range for this role is $85,000 to $135,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?