Corporate Finance, FP&A - Associate
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $157 billion in global client assets invested in 1,244 funds, as of March 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Associate to join the Corporate Finance team. This role will involve large scale responsibilities across financial and managerial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, analysis of key financial and performance indicators, monthly and quarterly management reporting duties (including support during the financial close), financial modelling, and cash management and forecasting and partnership with key business and department leads to enhance decision making. The FP&A Associate will report into the Head of FP&A, Senior Vice President.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting of the firm’s consolidated key performance indicators, revenues, expense base and annual investment spend, liaising with line of business FP&A teams, business leads and department heads, while providing analysis of budget vs. actuals and real-time forecasting.
- Assist in preparation of the company’s annual budget process across key performance indicators, operating expenses, headcount planning and revenue, while evaluating overall firmwide performance targets.
- Develop key financial and performance metrics with detailed analytics for the Operating Committee and Business Leads.
- Liaise with line of business FP&A teams to develop business specific key performance metrics, client analytics, budgets, and forecasts.
- Identify and assess key opportunities to enhance the current reporting structure and develop new approaches to evaluate business performance.
- Partner with Expense Controllers to develop monthly analysis and insights into variances between budget vs. actual results, while identifying and executing cost reduction opportunities.
- Support the preparation of monthly management and quarterly board reporting packages, including consolidation of financial statements, budget vs. actual results and revised forecasts, variance analysis and compilation of the company KPI reports.
- Identify and remediate process gaps and implement effective internal controls; improve documentation of internal control processes.
- Perform cash operating activities related to cash flow, borrowings, debt, and capital management. Allocate operating cash balances in preparation of expense and earnings forecasts.
- Assist in completing special projects as needed such as implementation of new software, platform reporting automation, and financial planning and analysis tools.
- 3-6 years of FP&A, corporate finance, or accounting experience within the financial services industry and/or FP&A experience with a top-tier firm
- Familiarity with Private Market Investments (Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Structured Investments) would be preferred, but not required
- Preference for candidates with experience in planning and ERP tools (i.e., WorkDay, Tableau, Essbase, etc.). Oracle NetSuite and/or General Ledger systems (i.e., PeopleSoft, Axiom) preferred but not required
- Able to work with business and department leads on business performance and expense management including budgeting, forecasting and advanced analysis
- Experience in treasury operations, including cash forecasting
- Advanced degree and/or credentials desired, such as MBA, CPA, CFA
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative modeling, and problem-solving skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Able to manage large sets of data and be able to implement checks and balances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented with big picture capability
The base salary range for this role is $85,000 to $105,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?