State and Local Tax (SALT) - Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $152 billion in global client assets invested in 1,223 funds, as of January 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a state and local tax (SALT) compliance Vice President to join to Fund Finance Central Services team. This role will service hedge and private equity fund of fund and access fund vehicles (the “funds”) in conjunction with third-party administrators and tax preparers to ensure timely tax reporting and communication, as well as drive continuous improvement throughout the processes.
- Lead all state and local tax compliance functions.
- Manage state composite elections, inquiries, and tracking.
- Manage state tax extensions, returns, filings and schedules.
- Respond to state tax notices, audits, and inquiries for the funds and coordinate payment requests.
- Research state and local tax issues and controversies.
- Manage client and investor inquiries on state and local tax matters.
- Document and maintain procedures, workflows, metrics, and tax service level agreements.
- Research, analyze, and manage state and local tax legislation changes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on state and local tax matters.
- Participate in industry regulatory and tax forums.
- 6+ years of State and Local Tax experience
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision-making, documentation, management of client expectations and team leadership
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Comfortable learning new systems and technology
- Proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills among all levels
- Willingness to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment
- Able to work independently, but also work well with others
- Able to effectively prioritize
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture
The base salary range for this role is $140,000 to $175,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?