Fund Operations - Vice President
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $157 billion in global client assets invested in 1,244 funds, as of March 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is looking to hire a Fund Operations Vice President to join our Client Operations and Reporting team. This role will report into the Head of Fund Operations and will be largely involved with new fund launch operations and will be expected to represent the team on various new fund pipeline meetings both with internal teams and those with external service providers (fund administrators, bank/custodians, vendors, etc.). The role will involve frequent, proactive communication and coordination with fund managers and their counsel to ensure successful closing into underlying funds for our feeder fund commitments.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing middle office operations, effective delegation and prioritization of deliverables, and the training, development and mentorship of junior team members.
- Manage operational processes for new private equity and hedge funds:
- Oversee bank and sweep accounts opening process
- Provide set-up for international product distribution
- Execute underlying fund commitments
- Participate in new fund pipeline meetings and monitoring upcoming funds, raising operational concerns where necessary
- Partner closely with Fund Origination, Legal, Finance, Investor Relations teams to ensure operations are in place to launch products per the targeted timelines
- Facilitate ongoing support of private equity and hedge funds operations to execute manager trades, monitor bank and sweep accounts, lead cash management projects, and other middle office functions
- Ensure scalability and integrity of day-to-day operations by collaborating with key stakeholders, optimizing team processes, implementing best practices, driving, and analyzing metrics, and maintaining workflow documentation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with banking counterparties and other service providers and assist with vendor management, including vendor selection, reviewing agreements, fee analysis and negotiation, onboarding, building, and monitoring KPIs; collaborate with vendors and key stakeholders to resolve operational challenges
- Liaise with senior team members on Product Management and Technology teams to collaborate on high-visibility, long-term technological projects to automate, enhance and scale our capabilities; provide detailed project updates and timelines
- Accounting and/or Finance background required
- 8-12 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work well with cross-functional teams as a leader and collaborator
- Superior organizational skills and able to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; work well under pressure with aptitude to prioritize appropriately when faced with competing demands, tasks, and issues
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit; strong leadership skills and commitment to building out team processes
- Meticulous attention to detail with special focus on operational risk mitigation
The base salary range for this role is $140,000 to $175,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?