Senior Technical Product Manager, Platform
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
About the team: Recordkeeping platform - Ledger team is responsible for building the recordkeeping platform that powers Human Interest’s 401k product and serves nearly 1 million employees. The recordkeeping platform is the financial backbone that records and reports on all financial activity for participants. The Senior Technical Product Manager role is uniquely cross-functional and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a horizontal vision that meets the complex requirements of internal teams, customers, and regulators.
What you get to do every day
- Own retirement plan recordkeeping accuracy and integrity goals for serving our customers and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Own financial reporting to create a great experience for participants, admins, and internal teams
- Collaborate with other tech teams and stakeholders to establish and maintain a holistic recordkeeping platform vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Define and own goals that measure success, measure the business impact of deliverables, and rigorously track and report progress on a weekly and monthly basis
- Write clear requirements documents and empower engineering teams to deliver a high-quality, scalable, and reliable platform
What you bring to the role
- Experience: 5+ years of product management experience; experience working on financial products or other highly regulated industry; experience in building and managing platform and/or accounting products, a plus
- Educational background: Degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- Strong business acumen: You enjoy digging into the details of how a business works, identifying how to make it better, and building product/technical solutions to do so
- Strong stakeholder management: You have experience navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Engineering partnership experience: You have partnered closely with engineers to build products and complex systems at scale
- High standards: You expect excellence and value doing what is right over what is easy
- Analytical thinking: You dig deep into the data, think from first principles, and deliver the right results
- Technical expertise: You understand fundamentals of product development and get excited about building reusable, scalable solutions, including functional and non-functional requirements
- Crisp communicator: You reliably utilize concise and precise communication, both written and verbal, with business and technical counterparts
- Results-oriented: You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute complex projects accurately and on time
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $165,000 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $200,000 in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures