Partner Account Manager, Houston
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Our Partnership Program is a key initiative for the company. The Partner Account Manager’s primary duty is to engage, build, and develop new partnerships and business opportunities for Human Interest. We're looking for a forward-thinking, meticulously organized, and self-motivated sales professional who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You'll accelerate our partner relationships to help us exponentially reach more small and medium businesses across the United States, which is essential to our growth. This role requires someone who is proactive, creative, and can exercise their own discretion and judgment to create their own solutions when needed.
What you get to do every day
- Develop, build, and amplify referral relationships with tech partners, human capital management partners, benefits brokers, CPA's and financial advisors in the SMB space
- Create and build strategic referral networks and partnerships focused on lead generation and new partnership opportunities
- Proactively identify and resolve emerging issues and offer solutions by working cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Marketing, Legal and Finance
- Collaborate with Partner Marketing to innovate and execute unique initiatives to promote partner sales (e.g, educational events, email, webinars, etc.)
- Work with partners to establish business goals and performance metrics (e.g, depth of sales pipeline and revenue generation) to develop and execute effective go-to-market strategies and demand-generation activities
What you bring to the role
- 2+ years of experience building, developing, and maintaining relationships with tech and human capital management (HCM) partners, benefits brokers, CPA's and financial advisors in the SMB space (including territory sales and business development)
- Successful - Proven track record of success in a quota-driven sales environment
- Passionate - You are a highly motivated individual contributor and relationship builder that can operate independently
- Dynamic - You can thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Resilient—You bounce back from setbacks quickly, are resourceful, and find creative ways to get things done.
- Solutions-oriented - Willingness to get your hands dirty while managing and solving operational partnership issues
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills — people trust you and sense that you are advocating for something you believe.
- Tech-savvy - familiarity with using Salesforce to manage sales cycles is preferred
- Growth mindset - You can embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable.
- Coachable- Ability to absorb information, training, and guidance and successfully implement and execute
- Travel- ability to be In the field 3 days/week
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The on-target earnings (OTE) range target for this position spans from a minimum of $110,000 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $120,000 in our highest geographic region. The OTE that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures