Senior Corporate Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.
We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably have recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by BostInno, HousingWire, and more!
In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.
Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.
Hometap is seeking a Senior Corporate Communications Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Senior Corporate Communications Manager will be a leader/doer charged with developing and executing a comprehensive corporate communications strategy that effectively communicates the company’s vision, mission, and values to both internal and external stakeholders. Leading Hometap’s PR and Corporate Communications strategy, with the support of our PR agency, you’ll identify and evaluate opportunities for earned media, and will be tasked with developing executive messaging, writing press releases and media pitches, submitting for awards and speaking opportunities, and crafting compelling opinion pieces and bylined articles that position our internal experts as thought leaders within the home equity investment space, as well as the broader fintech industry.
You’ll also have the opportunity to partner with our Capital team to develop strategic investor content and communications in support of our investor marketing efforts, building awareness of Hometap within the investor community.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive corporate communications strategy for Hometap that brings increased awareness of the company and its initiatives to external stakeholders, and employees
- Manage external communications through relationships with earned media, development and distribution of press releases, and coordination/preparation of media interviews
- Create opportunities for thought leadership through media coverage across consumer, fintech/real estate, and investor publications, with the goal of building the company’s awareness and pipeline.
- Manage the firm’s outside PR agency
- Monitor, guide, and share the success of the company’s PR program
- Drive and build upon the company’s speaking and awards program
- Work collaboratively across Marketing, Capital, and other internal teams to ensure alignment in initiatives and messaging
- Monitor and analyze media coverage of the company and its competitors
- Develop and implement an internal communications strategy that effectively communicates the company’s message to employees
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in corporate communications and/or investor relations, preferably in a fintech or growth-stage environment
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, business, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with meaningful experience writing and distributing external communications
- Knowledge of the media landscape, including industry publications, interview opportunities, and awards
- Experience developing and implementing successful communications strategies
- Adept at communicating with internal and external stakeholders, ideally in finance and/or with investors
- Experience managing PR, including an outside PR agency
- Strong analytical ability, with a metrics-informed approach
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and an inclination toward action
Hometap is on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our home equity investment product provides homeowners with a fast, simple, and straightforward way to access the equity in their home without taking out a loan or having to sell. By investing alongside homeowners, Hometap offers debt-free cash in exchange for a share of their home’s future value — all without any monthly payments or interest over the life of the investment. Through a combination of financial innovation and best-in-class customer service, Hometap enables people to get more from homeownership so they can get more from life.
Hometap believes that our differences are what bring us together, and one of our biggest priorities is creating a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member’s unique perspective, background, and ideas. All roles here are filled based solely on candidates’ qualifications and our business needs.
Hometap is based in Boston, but will consider remote work for this position; however, the position must be performed in the United States entirely outside of Colorado.
See more open positions at Hometap
Something looks off?