Title: Account Manager
Location: Dallas, TX / Austin, TX (Hybrid)
Reporting to: Manager, Client Relations
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role:
Account Managers use problem solving skills and a consultative approach to retain Hippo Agency business with a customer-centric approach. Account Managers identify the best Personal Lines coverage for our customers, based on the customers' individual needs. Regular proactive contact with customers will include addressing various coverage issues, including all endorsement activity, routine coverage questions, problem solving, and processing renewals.
Responsibilities include managing customer communications, nurturing key relationships, and keeping track of all necessary documentation, paying close attention to any policy changes, important deadlines cross selling and rounding out exiting customer accounts through third party carriers.
- Hybrid – Must work from Hippo office for 3 days a week. Only employees who work late shift 12 PM – 9PM and Saturday will be eligible to work from home. Employees working Mon-Fri. on the 12PM -9PM shift are not allowed to work from home.
- Schedule requirements: Must be able to work 8-hour shift Mon – Sat. between 7AM – 9PM.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate with Hippo Customers via inbound and outbound phone calls, email, and chat to answer policy questions and recommend policy updates to ensure coverage.
- Use a consultative approach to acquire an understanding of customers insurance objectives and needs to analyze, compare and recommend multiple types of insurance products. Product recommendations include Hippo Products and third-party products.
- Proactively contact current Hippo Agency customers to initiate conversation on additional Hippo and third-party products. Where applicable, assist customers transition from Hippo policy to a 3rd party carrier.
- Use Hippo proprietary software, Gator, to quote products that meet customer insurance objectives and, when applicable, gather necessary information such as underwriting information, credit info, prior insurance coverage, loss history, details of the insurable property from the customer to bind the new policy.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all available products to enhance service and sales ability.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, as well as maintain strict confidentiality.
- Maintain customer’s account information in Salesforce, documenting conversations in activity log, sending confirmations to customers, and adhering to all other automation procedures.
- Reviewing insurance applications to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, office environment with periodic high disruption and changing priorities.
- Follow-up on trailing documents to ensure a complete application is received.
- Assist with basic service questions on Hippo and 3rd party carrier products.
- Sales expertise – understanding of the sales process, key terminology, and ability to close the sale.
- Active Listening - Being fully present, making customer feel special, be a credible source of insurance information, seek clarification and listening for what isn’t said (e.g., tone and emotional language).
- Product knowledge
- Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations and available information to create a strategic approach/overcome objections.
- Goal Driven – self-starter that is motivated by commissions and quotas.
- Clear written and oral communication and ability to explain complex terms in easy-to-understand language.
- Emotional Intelligence/Empathy – Ability to quickly read emotions and preferences of customers and adjust response accordingly.
- Resourcefulness – ability to navigate multiple systems, 3rd party carrier resource libraries, Hippo Learning Management System, underwriting guidelines and other resources to obtain necessary information.
- 3 or more years' experience in Insurance Property & Casualty, required or equivalent experience in similar role such as customer service, sales or health care benefit administration.
- Intermediate PC skills, with a focus on the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.) and ability to effectively learn and utilize proprietary Hippo systems and 3rd party carrier platforms.
- Ability to simultaneously navigate between multiple applications and windows.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complicated information to customers in easy-to-understand terminology.
- Currently hold, or have held a P&C License in the last 12 months
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with Salesforce, Amazon Connect.
- Have a desire to help others protect their future.
- Are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise.
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated.
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge.
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat - Downtown Austin, a 5-minute walk from the train station. Fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.