Customer Support Representative (P&C Licensed)
Title: Customer Support Representative – P&C Licensed
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Customer Support
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
At Hippo, we believe in providing our employees with opportunities to grow and develop their careers. Whether you're just starting out in the insurance industry or looking to take your skills to the next level, we have a range of training and development programs to support your professional growth.
Hands-On Training: Our training program is designed to be entertaining, interactive, and informative. You'll receive extensive training on customer service skills, Hippo's products, systems, and tools. We believe in hands-on training, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to practice your skills in a supportive and encouraging environment.
Career Growth: We value our employees and are committed to helping them achieve their career goals. After completing our training program, you'll be eligible for promotion within just 3 months. And we'll provide you with additional training and support to help you succeed in your new role.
At Hippo, we're proud to invest in our employees' professional growth and development. Join us today and take the first step towards building a rewarding career in the insurance industry.
About This Role:
We’re seeking compassionate support professionals who are willing to think outside the box and add a whole new approach to taking care of our valued customers. This position will work hand-in-hand with our Sales and Underwriting teams to create an amazing customer experience.
- You love helping and advocating for people
- You pride yourself in your ability to provide white-glove service to your customers
- You are a problem solver and proactive in finding solutions
- Highly collaborative and enjoy working with others
- You like owning the customer experience from beginning to end
What You’ll Do:
- Provide an unparalleled customer support experience via phone, chat, and email
- You’ll spend your day dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of our customers
- Process customer service requests quickly and thoroughly
- Treat our customer with the Platinum Rule, “Treat others how they want to be treated”
- Collaborate with our customer on topics such as billing, contact information, payment request and policy level adjustments.
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer-facing role or contact center environment
- Prior experience in Property or Homeowner’s insurance is required.
- Currently hold or have held an active P & C license in the last 12 months
- Proficient in productivity software (Outlook, Word, Zoom), experience with Salesforce a plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Hybrid Schedule - Enjoy the best of both worlds with a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of 1 day per week of remote work, allowing for a more balanced and comfortable work environment.
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts
for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.