Senior Manager, Property Claims
Role: Senior Manager, Property Claims
Location: Austin TX, San Antonio TX, Dallas/Irving TX
Type: (Hybrid- Office/Remote work)
Reports To: Director, Desk Adjusted Claims
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role:
We’re seeking an accomplished Senior Manager, Property Claims who will lead people, and embed best practices and innovative processes with technology to support our next stage of growth as a newly public company. This is a multi-faceted role that will manage 4-6 Team Leads and their teams of 20-25 Property Adjusters focused on handling the full lifecycle of all peril claims from first notice of loss to close. This role will be based in our Austin or Dallas/Irving, TX office but would consider San Antonio TX (Remote with travel to our home offices).
- You have a demonstrated history of leading successful Property Claims teams
- You have experience redesigning claims processes with an eye toward efficiency, and innovation
- You are a strong leader that coaches and mentors staff at all levels
- Your drive results through experience and data
- You understand regulatory requirements in the states we operate and the importance of compliance
What You’ll Do:
- Drive strategy and performance utilizing a data-driven approach under the guidance and in collaboration of claims leadership
- Work with leadership to create and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Focus on process improvements and leveraging technology to innovate the Claims function
- Participate in multiple projects to include, improving our subrogation process and working closely with our SIU and litigation teams
- Partner with our tech team on system enhancements
- Managing change in an ever-evolving environment
- Maintain a focus on leading teams that deliver an industry leading customer experience
- Minimum 10 years in Property Claims with at least 5 years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- AIC or equivalent Claims Certifications/Designations preferred
- Experience handling and responding to DOI complaints
- Strong understanding of claims processes, policy language and regulatory compliance reporting
- Property claims management background is required
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat - Fully stocked kitchen and weekly catered lunches