Homeowner State Manager
Title: Homeowner Product Manager
Location: Chicago, IL/ Dallas, TX/ Bedminster, NJ/ Palo Alto, CA
Reporting to: VP, Insurance Product
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
We are looking for a Regional Homeowner Product Manager, HO3 who will be accountable for the profitable growth of the HO3 line of business in their group of assigned states. This position will work closely with Actuarial, Sales and Distribution, Claims, Product Marketing, Insurance Strategy, and State Filings/Compliance/Legal, to develop line of business and state-specific strategies to achieve growth and profit targets.
What You'll Do:
- Manage contributors to profitable growth in assigned line of business and geographic region.
- Ensure the execution of tactics developed to achieve growth and profit objectives through measurement of pre-established KPIs.
- Monitor key KPIs (loss ratio, frequency, severity, new business production, hit ratio, renewal retention, quality of business distributions, etc.) of state/line and react to positive/negative trends.
- Collaborate with Actuarial on rate plan development and execution including supporting rate, rule, and form filings.
- Reference AOP and State Mix plan to achieve a resilient, profitable, and growing portfolio.
- Manage the company strategy in assigned states.
- Oversee countrywide (or multi-state projects) related to assigned product line.
- Respond to regulatory changes within assigned states.
- Assist in prioritizing product and rate system projects.
- Partner with regional Sales team to develop and document producer management strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a business or analytical discipline
- At least six years of homeowner insurance experience in a related position (underwriting, product, pricing, finance, etc.)
- State management exposure, preferably top 10 P&C markets
- Demonstrated ability to partner with actuary, underwriting and other stakeholders in development and execution of statewide and nationwide insurance product changes
- Strong analytical skills supporting data driven decisions
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with a Top 20 Personal Lines Homeowners writer
- Prior Product Management experience
- Experience managing strategic homeowner companywide projects aimed to enhancing top or bottom line performance
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.