Role: Product Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that isn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
The Product Manager, is a key member of the small and fast-moving product management team at Hippo. In this role you will define the product MVP, work with internal business stakeholders to launch a highly strategic and complex product line. Product includes partner data integrations, agent workflow development, and working with business stakeholders for growth and profitability features.
We are looking for a product manager with a keen eye for building good product experiences. You thrive on the ownership of high-profile full product launches, while influencing cross-functional stakeholders, and making data-driven business decisions. You demonstrate tenacity, resilience, and leadership enabling you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, Build and Ship critical growth initiatives in partnership with business and technology teams
- Balance your product’s medium and long-term roadmap with its backlog of issues and bugs. Be an expert at prioritization
- Use qualitative, customer research and data analysis to communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders
- Create best-in-class services through accurate spec writing, project management and data analysis.
- Work cross functionally with Product, UX, Engineering & Insurance teams
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in Product, Strategy or Consulting, owning and driving significant technical cross-organizational projects.
- Experience driving products that rely on scaling internal systems for Growth and Retention.
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution.
- Comfort with rapidly changing business needs that is typical of a fast growing company.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative thinking.
- Able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, with high EQ ability to serve product ambassador to the rest of the organization.
- Detail oriented.
Nice To Have:
- Prior experience in a consulting or hyper growth company.
- Prior startup experience.
- Passionate about data driven products and rapid prototyping and testing.
Benefits and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?