Home Care Expert
Title: Home Care Expert
Location: US - Remote (Located in one of the following states AZ, FL, IL, IN, NC, NV, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT)
Reporting to: Director of Operations, Home Care
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role:
We’re seeking a Home Care Expert to assist our customers in diagnosing and solving issues they are having with their homes. You have a customer-first mindset, using your knowledge of home systems and their associated issues to provide assistance to our customers when they are in need of expert guidance, such as when they have a plumbing leak or have lost power and need to reset a circuit breaker.
You’ll be able to use your expert judgment in handling each issue, but you’ll also have a team and technology to rely on to help come up with innovative solutions. Hippo is proud to invest in its people and will provide continuing education to deepen your home expertise.
40 hours per week, shift schedule is 2pm-10pm PST with possible weekends
- Home Expert - You know your way around a house, its systems, and common issues that arise
- Active Listener - Being fully present, making the customer feel heard, seeking clarification and listening for what isn’t said (e.g., tone and emotional language).
- Critical Thinker - Can diagnose the root cause of a home issue and develop a solution to remedy it
- Clear Communicator - Clear oral communication and ability to explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways for our customers who may lack your level of knowledge about home systems
- Empathetic - Dedicated to understanding the needs of our customers during what may be a stressful moment for them
- Enthusiastic - Excited to work for a company focused on disrupting the norm
What You’ll Do:
- Handle inbound calls and video chats from our customers who are experiencing home issues and need your expertise
- Diagnose the cause of the home issue, perform triage to prevent the issue from getting worse, and describe options for resolution
- Walk the customer through performing basic tasks and repairs, such as how to turn off a main water shut-off valve
- Advise the customer on whether professional assistance is required, and if so, the type of contractor needed
- Assign contractors to visit the customer’s home when a professional is needed to resolve the issue
- Maintain electronic records of customer issues and your diagnoses and remedies
- Handle escalations for complex cases from using your strong experience with home systems
- Build playbooks to guide the Hippo team on how to diagnose and triage common home issues
- Identify opportunities to improve the team’s workflows and gain efficiencies
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the team for at least one home system; be the go-to resource for educating other team members
- Assist customers with reviewing work estimates from professional contractors
- Interface with customers and professional contractors and use your industry experience to reach a resolution when customers find issues with the work performed by contractors
- Work with the partner management team to provide concrete feedback on partner quality and ensure partner SLAs are met
- Significant professional experience with home systems and common home repairs, such as those related to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, household appliances, roofing
- Professional experience interacting with contractors, such as generating work orders, scheduling onsite work, reviewing estimates, and managing quality
- Superb relationship management and customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and establish trust and credibility
- A self-starter, who proactively seeks solutions for customers, as well as solutions for improving Hippo processes
- Focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to navigate quickly and efficiently with technology and devices
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with CRM and Telephony systems (HubSpot, Amazon Connect)
- Willing to work overtime
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?