Insurance Compliance Manager
Role: Insurance Compliance Manager
Location: Dallas, TX / Austin, TX
Reporting to: Assistant General Counsel
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
You are an experienced compliance professional in the insurance industry. You have experience identifying, researching, and mitigating compliance risks across an organization. You have in-depth understanding of compliance issues affecting underwriting and claim operations.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor changes to laws and regulations that affect the Company’s operations, communicate such changes to the applicable business leads including an impact analysis on the business area, and track and verify the implementation of resulting changes
- Manage process for identifying compliance issues as they arise and lead the reporting and tracking of mitigation efforts
- Coordinate multi-discipline projects and serve as the Legal and Compliance Departments’ project manager
- Perform research on various topics affecting insurance business
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- 7+ years experience as a compliance professional in the insurance industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a similar or related field
- Juris Doctorate not required but a plus
- An analytical mind able to see the complexity of regulations and procedures with the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Self-motivated and directed with ability to collaborate
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining multiple projects and responsibilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities.
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated.
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge.
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregiver.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?