Sr. Learning & Development Partner
Title: Sr. Learning & Development Partner
Location: Austin, TX / Dallas, TX
Reporting to: Director, People Engagement & Learning Development
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. We aim to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role:
Hippo Insurance is seeking an experienced Learning and Development Partner to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering training programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of our employees. You will also be heavily involved in the learning strategy and content creation. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in insurance training, be a self-starter with a passion for talent development, and have a high level of flexibility, commitment, and the ability to train within a high-paced sales environment.
You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile, and fun environment. You are a motivated and energetic person, passionate about learning. You are creative and enjoy looking for innovative solutions. You have a background in modern adult learning principles and personal lines insurance.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate closely with the leadership of the Agency business unit to develop and deliver comprehensive training programs for our front line sales professionals and account managers, covering a range of topics such as sales techniques, customer service, personal lines insurance products, and use of various systems and tools
- Leverage experiential learning best practices to best engage adult learners and ensure successful transfer of knowledge
- Facilitate training sessions for employees and ensure training materials are up-to-date and relevant
- Manage the Learning Management System (LMS) to ensure all training materials are accessible and track employee progress
- Partner with stakeholders, including HR, Sales, Customer Support and leadership teams, to ensure training programs align with business objectives
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make recommendations for improvement
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in learning and development
- Knowledge and practical application of Adult Learning Theory and instructional design principles
- Minimum 5 years of training in Personal Lines Insurance
- Sales training experience preferred
- Excellent communication, oral, and written skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we're fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?