Manager, Account Management (Licensed)
Role: Account Management Manager (Licensed)
Location: Austin, Texas and Dallas, Texas
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Account Management
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership!
About This Role
We’re seeking an Account Management Manager for our Account Management team. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of sales representatives to achieve sales targets and objectives. You will be responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies, coaching and training sales staff, and ensuring customer satisfaction. You will be expected to lead by example and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- You possess transferable skills to develop team members to ensure white glove customer experiences while also driving sales performance
- You are able to influence laterally through process improvement, change in business practices and innovation
- You have experience with competing priorities and maintain strong time management and organizational skills
- You are detail oriented, flexible and have the ability to interact with and influence a diverse set of associates
- Strong communicator that is energized by coaching, developing, and motivating others
- You have excellent written, and verbal communication skills
- You remain calm and courteous under pressure
- You are able to effectively coach, train, evaluate performance, and motivate associates
- You are technically savvy with knowledge of relevant computer programs and contact center software
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve sales targets and objectives
- Lead and motivate a team of sales representatives to achieve individual and team targets
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide coaching and training to sales staff
- Monitor and analyze sales metrics to identify areas for improvement and adjust strategies accordingly
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the smooth operation of the sales process
- Maintain accurate sales records and report regularly on sales performance
- Motivate and encourage agents through positive communication and feedback
- Provides product/service information by answering questions and being available to associates
- P&C license required
- Home/Auto insurance policy knowledge required
- 5+ year's experience in a sales environment
- Minimum 3 years in a Lead or Supervisor role
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets and objectives
- Experience leading and developing a team of front-line associates
- Experience in running the day-to-day aspects of a contact center through multiple contact channels, including e-mail, chat and phone
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?