Manager of Reinsurance, Program Business
Role: Manager of Reinsurance, Program Business
Location: Dallas, TX / Austin, TX / Bedminster, NJ
Reports To: General Manager, Balance Sheet and Chief Risk Officer
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
You possess in-depth knowledge of complex risk and reinsurance placements with the ability to work with reinsurance brokers on placement design, coverage and capacity, pricing, potential coverage enhancements and the negotiation of terms and conditions.
What You'll Do:
- You will be part of the corporate risk team
- Work with Spinnaker’s program managers to ensure program specific reinsurance is placed for the program business and provide support for this effort
- Make sure the program specific reinsurance aligns with the company’s risk tolerance strategy
- Work with the corporate risk analytics department regarding the gross and net exposures for the programs
- Responsible for Spinnaker’s corporate level reinsurance including corporate catastrophe XOL cover and Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund
- Create market presentations for corporate reinsurance in coordination with reinsurance brokers, conduct quantitative analysis and have strong critical thinking skills
- Work with accounting and contract teams in document review and coordination
- Monitor and report on the financial strength of Hippo and Spinnaker’s reinsurers
- Assist the Director of Reinsurance for the Hippo programs as needed
- 5+ years of reinsurance experience as a buyer or broker
- Bachelor’s degree
- Substantial insurance industry experience/expertise (reinsurer, insurance carrier or consulting firm)
- Exposure to different insurance business units and strategy
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident in many different situations
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven experience leading day-to-day projects and making decisions to keep projects moving forward
- Multi-tasker, able to work independently and as a team
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we're fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?