Account Manager, First Connect
Role: Account Manager, First Connect
Location: Remote US; CST or PST time zones preferable
Reports To: Director of Sales
About First Connect:
First Connect Insurance Services LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hippo Insurance Group, provides thousands of independent agencies across the country with access to some of the nation's top insurance carriers and MGAs. The fast-growing insurtech platform allows small and medium-sized agencies to combine fully digital insurance products to meet each customer's unique coverage needs. With various products, including P & C, commercial lines, life, health, and cyber available, First Connect is committed to helping agents access the markets and technology necessary to grow their businesses.
The Account Manager would be responsible for providing a seamless agency onboarding experience by providing training to agency personnel on appointed carrier products, First Connect portal and general underwriting guidelines. Goal of this position to increase agent knowledge & understanding and ultimately production with appointed carriers as well as expansion with other carriers. The Account Manager would also provide input and participate in gathering and creating reports relating to monthly production by carrier, market intelligence, market planning and communication of development of services and incentives to agents. Ability to meet in downtown Austin office quarterly for internal meetings may be required.
You are well-versed in the P&C insurance realm and have an in-depth knowledge of the industry as a whole. You are great at building long-term agency relationships and detailed in training on new products, processes and best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Regularly schedules, coordinates and conducts agent training sessions on individual and regional basis.
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts monthly internal meetings with staff to address agent touch points and new carrier updates.
- Collects and communicates feedback from agent training sessions to appropriate department to drive improvements.
- Responsible for improving overall agency production by not only training new agencies but also identifying/removing obstacles in current agency production.
- Identify opportunities and conducts agency marketing visits with appointed agencies to stimulate higher production with on site training on multi-market solutions.
- Assists with agency communications.
- Completes quarterly carrier evaluations to include production levels and incentive recommendations.
- Responsible for knowledge of all Carrier Markets and Products, Commission Structures, Appointment Requirements and Training.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience marketing P&C including marketing to Independent Agents.
- Must have experience training and developing agency staff.
- Must demonstrate ability to problem solve and communicate well
- Must be able to understand and review agency qualifications for appointment and make recommendations for appointment or dismissal.
- Experience selling and marketing to large territories P&C personal lines and Commercial products including homeowners, and personal auto is a plus.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Licenses and/or Certifications: TDI P&C license and CPCU and/or CIC designation desirable
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts
- for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?