Producer Account Representative
Title: Producer Account Representative
Location: Austin, TX (Remote)
Reporting to: Director, Technical Underwriting
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role:
We’re seeking an experienced insurance professional who is willing to think outside the box with a whole new approach to policy servicing. This position will be cross-functional and work hand in hand with our Sales, Service and Underwriting organizations to maximize profitable growth and expansion while providing exceptional service to our producer partners. This position will be fully remote, but we'd like this person to have accessibility to come to our offices periodically.
You are well-versed in the property insurance realm and have an in-depth knowledge of the industry as a whole. You're great at building relationships and communicating expertise related products, processes and demonstrating best practices.
- You’re a former Agent or production Underwriter.
- You love helping people, have a natural empathy for others and helping them find solutions and solve problems.
- Highly collaborative and enjoy working with others.
What You'll Do:
- Excels at persistent follow-up and conflict resolution through a solution-oriented approach
- Take inbound calls from producers looking for underwriting assistance, processing payments, assistance with the agent portal, and processing changes on policies.
- Develop and support a strong working relationship with producer partners to support organizational profitability.
- Applies excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills including formal presentation skills to effectively communicate with producer partners.
- Apply strong conflict resolution skills to achieve decisions that support profitability.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to perform in a team environment.
- Collaborate with underwriting, territory and account managers, and product teams to support growth and profitability goals
- Responsible for supporting agent production and quality of business.
- Apply front line underwriting knowledge and experience to assist producer partners with eligibility, binding, quoting and coverage related questions.
- Responsible for knowledge of all Hippo Insurance products, pricing, and processes.
- Respond to producer partner inquiries, primarily through phone, but also voicemail and email.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and diverse environment with minimal supervision.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of homeowners products and coverages and insurance operations
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems.
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done.
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic.
- Property & Casualty license in all states of operation
Nice To Haves:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Prior production underwriting and producer/broker experience preferred.
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated.
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge.
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?