Builder Agency Sales Manager
Title: Builder Agency Sales Manager
Location: Irving, TX (Hybrid)
Reporting to: Director, Builder Channel
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
About This Role:
As a Builder Agency Sales Manager you will help us further our mission of providing the best sales experience to our customers. You will be responsible for managing, developing and supporting our agents and their efforts to maximize our Builder Agencies Sales & Operator team’s potential. This role will encompass people management, talent development, performance management and a myriad of other projects that will help us scale for rapid growth.
- You’ve got a proven history in selling and leading teams in the Insurance industry
- Motivation is your superpower
- You’re able to develop & implement a humanized approach to KPI’s and performance management
- You’re a strong communicator, with the ability to connect with all types of people and leaders
- Focused on and responsible for the Builder Agencies Sales team’s productivity and collective impact
- Meet regularly with the team to provide feedback on their work, helping them set goals and working with the Director of Builder Channel to ensure their growth
- Measuring the team’s success and opportunities for improvement, then devising right-size solutions
- Communicate with Senior Leadership about progress, concerns and strategy
- Help with projects that help drive overall success of the Builder Agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in managing people and leaders
- 3+ years of Multiline Insurance experience is required
- An active Texas resident P&C license required
- Worked with rating multiple carriers and multiple lines of business
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Knowledge about the Builder, Mortgage, and/or Title industry is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities.
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated.
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge.
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregiver.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?